New Miss Tamuk To Be Crowned Wednesday, April 11, At Jones Auditorium
KINGSVILLE - April 05, 2007
email@example.com or 361-593-2590
The annual Miss Texas A&M University-Kingsville scholarship pageant will be held Wednesday, April 11. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship and the title of Miss Texas A&M University-Kingsville 2007. The pageant begins at 7 p.m. in Jones Auditorium. Admission is free. This year’s theme is What Dreams May Come.
The pageant is sponsored by the Office of Student Activities at Texas A&M-Kingsville. Eleven young women will compete for the title and scholarship. In addition to the scholarship for the winner, the runners up receive scholarships in the amounts of $700, $500, $250 and $100.
This year’s candidates are:
Erica Alvarado, a sophomore biology major from Falfurrias;
Vanessa Arellano, a junior speech communications major from San Benito;
Jackie Galvan, a freshman biology major from Mercedes;
Christina Gonzalez, a junior political science major from Edinburg;
Lidia Jurri, a sophomore accounting major from Tallinn, Estonia;
Gowthami Movva, a graduate student in electrical engineering from Vijayawada, India;
Desiree Paterson, a junior communication sciences disorders major from Seguin;
Patricia Pinto, a junior biology major from Alice;
Victoria Posey, a senior psychology major from Houston;
Ranjitha Dorai-Raj, a graduate student in electrical engineering from Hyderabad, India;
and Raquel Tidwell, a freshman special education major from Katy.
For more information about this event, contact the Office of Student Activities at 361-593-2760.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: April 01, 2010