Kappa Delta Chi
Kappa Delta Chi
Pink and Maroon
KDChi is incorporated as service sorority.
KDChi supports the American Cancer Society as its official philanthropy.
Purpose of Chapter:
The Purpose of Kappa Delta Chi is to promote the values of Unity, Honesty, Integrity and Leadership among women at colleges, universities and beyond.
Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc. is a Latina founded 501(c) (7), national sorority who aims to achieve professional development, academic excellence, and graduation of all its members; an organization dedicated to community service to their local university communities with an emphasis on the Hispanic/Latino population.
In 1987 four young women from the Rio Grande Valley had a vision while attending Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. Their vision was to create something so special and unique that it would leave a legacy for others who followed. They recognized the need to unify and promote leadership amongst Hispanic women at the university. That vision became Kappa Delta Chi. The Founders are Cynthia Garza-Fleitman, Nellie Flores-Ledesma, Irene Montoya and Melissa Montoya. With the strong foundations of service, Christianity and friendship, they created a sisterhood that 20 years later is stronger than ever. They sought to incorporate the principles of Unity, Honesty, Integrity, and Leadership into this organization.
- Full-Time undergraduate/graduate student.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5, except for incoming freshman and transfer students. Rounding of grade point average is not accepted.
- Not be a current or former member of a non-academic, non-professional or non-honorary sorority.
- Cannot be first-term freshmen (first term freshmen determination will be based on each university’s definition of first-term freshmen.)
- To be exempt as first-term freshman it is not by hours, but they have to attend a community college or university full time after graduating high school.
- KDChi accepts applications from graduate students.
*A student service fee funded program
This page was last updated on: September 29, 2016