Lee W. Clapp
Lee W. Clapp, Professor and Chair
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1999
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1992
- M.S., Water Resources Management, University of Wisconsin, 1992
- B.S., Engineering Physics, University of Maine, 1987
Use of gas-permeable membranes in biological treatment processes, aerobic and anaerobic bioremediation of soils and groundwaters contaminated with chlorinated solvents, optimization of biofilm treatment processes, contaminant fate and transport modeling.
- Professor, Department of Environmental Engineering, TAMUK, 2014 - current
- Gamboa, Y.P. and L.W. Clapp (2013). Characterization of brackish groundwater desalination concentrate discharge impacts on water quality in a Texas coastal area. In Environmental Sustainability Issues in the South Texas – Mexico Border Region (D. Ramirez, J. Ren, K. Jones, and H. Lamm, Eds.). Springer
- Saleh, N., Bandyopadhyay, A., Kavathekar, A., Patel, K., and Clapp, L.W. (2009). "Membrane-Delivered Ethene to Stimulate Microbial Degradation of DCE."International Journal of Soil, Sediment and Water.3(2).
- Ma, X., Hozalski, R.M., Clapp, L.W., Novak, P.J., and Semmens, M.J. (2006). "Comparison of continuous and pulsed hydrogen addition via hollow-fiber membranes to support reductive dechlorination in a soil column."Water Research. 40: 1155-1166.
- Edstrom, J.A., Semmens, M.J., Hozalski, R.M., Clapp, L.W., and Novak, P.J. (2005). "Stimulation of dechlorination by membrane-delivered hydrogen: Small field demonstration."Environmental Engineering Science.22: 281-293.
- Clapp, L.W., Hozalski, R.M., Novak, P.J., and Semmens, M.J. (2004). "Model forin situperchloroethene dechlorination via membrane-delivered hydrogen."Journal of Environmental Engineering.130: 1367-1381.
- Fang, Y., Clapp, L.W., Hozalski, R.M., Novak, P.J., Semmens, M.J. (2004). "Membrane gas transfer under conditions of creeping flow: Modeling gas composition effects."Water Research.38: 2489-2498.
- Ma, X., Hozalski, R.M., Clapp, L.W., Novak, P.J., and Semmens, M.J. (2003). "Evaluation of polyethylene hollow-fiber membranes for hydrogen delivery to support reductive dechlorination in a soil column."Water Research. 37:2905-2918.
- Roggy, D.K., Novak, P.J., Hozalski, R.M., Clapp, L.W., and Semmens, M.J. (2002). "Membrane gas transfer for groundwater remediation: Chemical and biological fouling."Environmental Engineering Science.19:563-574.
- Noguera, D.R., Pizarro, G., Clapp, L.W. (2000). "Mathematical modeling of trichloroethylene degradation in membrane-attached methanotrophic biofilms.”" Water Science & Technology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 78-81.
- Member, American Society for Microbiology, American Chemical Society and Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
Department of Environmental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, EC 361
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-4007
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: January 21, 2016