Dr. Mais Nijim, Associate Professor of Computer Science
Education Complete CV
Ph.D. in Computer Science, New Mexico Tech, Socorro, NM, June 2007
M.S. in Computer Science, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM, December 2005
B.S. in Computer Science, Princess Sumaya University, Amman, Jordan
Parallel Distributed Systems, Networking, Storage Systems, Cluster and Grid Computing, Real-Time Systems, Fault-tolerant Computing, Performance Evaluation, Dynamic Resource Management, Network Security
CSEN 5313 001 Compiler Design
CSEN 5333 Real Time Systems
- Security Engineering: Development of Curriculum and Research at Texas A&M University-Kingsville (phase 1) Source: Homeland Security Role: CoPI (Early Faculty CAREER AWARD for the CoPIs) Amount: $700,000Duration: Sept 2012-August 2014 (2 years)
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program Capacity Building: Future STEM Teachers in SouthTexas Source: National Science Foundation (NSF) Role: CoPIAmount: $291,352 Duration: August 1, 2012- July 31, 2014 (2 years)
- Wireless Sensor Network Lab in support of Graduate Education (Equipment Fund) Source: Promoting Post baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans Role: PIAmount: $40,300Duration: August 2012 MAIS NIJIMTexas A&M University-Kingsville Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer ScienceMSC 192700 University Blvd.Kingsville, TX 78363 phone: 361-593-3786Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FastStor: Data Mining Based Multi-Layer Prefetching for Hybrid Storage SystemsSource: National Science Foundation (NSF) Role: PIAmount: $99,999 Duration:08/01/ 2010-08/01/2013 (3 years)
- FastStor: Data Mining Based Multi-Layer Prefetching for Hybrid Storage SystemsSource: National Science Foundation (NSF)Role: PIAmount: $16,000Duration:08/01/ 2011-08/01/2012 (1 year)
- FastStor: Data Mining Based Multi-Layer Prefetching for Hybrid Storage SystemsSource: National Science Foundation (NSF) Role: PIAmount: $16,000 Duration:08/01/ 2012-08/01/2013 (1 year)
- Development of an Intelligent Wireless Sensor Network for Monitoring Air Quality at Natural GasOperation in the Eagle Ford ShaleSource: Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, Texas A&M University- KingsvilleRole: PIAmount: $20,000Duration: 2011-2012 (1 year)
- Engineering and Science Frontiers (ESF) Summer CampSource: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Role: CoPI Amount: $20,000Duration: July/2011 (one month)
- Air Quality Monitoring of Drilling Operations in the Eagle Ford ShaleSource: Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA) Role: CoPIAmount: $100,000 Duration: 2012-2014 (2 years)
Sample Publications Complete list in CV
- M. Nijim, X. Qin, M. Qiu, K.-L. Li, “An Adaptive Energy-Conserving Strategy for Parallel DiskSystems”, Future Generation Computer Systems: The Int’l Journal of Grid Computing, vol. 29,pp. 196-207, 2013.
- Mais Nijim, Muhittin yilmaz, Xiao Qin, CaPaS: An Optimal Security-Aware Cache ReplacementAlgorithm for Cluster Storage Systems, International Journal of High Performance SystemArchitecture, Vol. 3, No. 4, 2011, pp. 216-232.
- Z. L. Zong, J. Job, X. S. Zhang, M. Nijim, and X. Qin, "Geovisualizing Textual Spatial Data Using Google Earth and NASA World Wind", Journal of Applied Remote Sensing (JARS), accepted.
- • Taeg Hyun Kang, Young Lee, Mais Nijim, Task-Based Visualization using Merged View, Journal of Communication and Computer, Vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 665-668, June 2012.
- Mais Nijim, Conserving Energy in Real Time Parallel Disk Systems, Journal of Computing,Volume 3, issue 12, December 2011.
- Mais Nijim, Young Lee, Nuri Yilmazer, Remzi Seker,” A DATA MINING ALGORITH FORMULTI LEVEL PREFETCHING IN STORAGE SYSTEMS”, Proc. of Ubiquitous Computingand Communication Journal, August 2011, pp. 10-19.
- M. Nijim, K. Bellam, Z. Zong, S. Yin, X. Qin” Quality of Security Adaptation in parallel DiskSystems”, Original Research Article Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Volume 71,Issue 2, February 2011, Pages 288-301 (Acceptance rate 21%)
- Mais Nijim, Young Lee, Kiran Bellam, HyBuM: Hybrid Energy Efficient Architecture for MobileStorage Systems, 9th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology: New Generation,April 2012 (Best Paper Award Nomination).
- R. Fares, B. Romoser, Z. Zong, M. Nijim, X. Qin, “Performance Evaluation of TraditionalCaching Policies on a Large System with Petabytes of Data, Proc. 7th IEEE InternationalConference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, June 2012 (Best Paper Award Nomination).
- Z. L. Zong, X. Qin, X. J. Ruan, M. Nijim, “Heat-Based Dynamic Data Caching: A Load BalancingStrategy for Energy-Efficient Parallel Storage Systems with Buffer Disks”, IEEE Symposium onMassive Storage Systems and Technologies, 2011, pp. 1-6.
MSC 700 University Blvd Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
This page was last updated on: December 11, 2013