Olga R. Paul Endowed Scholarship Fund
This endowed scholarship fund has been established by alumnus and businessman Carl F. Paul in honor of his late mother, Olga R. Paul. Olga Paul received two degrees for Texas A&I, a Bachelor of Science degree in secondary education and later a master's degree.
At least four $7,000 scholarships will be awarded each year; scholarships are renewable for up to four years, contingent upon continued performance in accord with minimum selection standards. Applications should be submitted to the Dean of College of Arts and Sciences by February 15th of each year for review by the College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship Committee. Scholarship awards will be made by May 1 for new students.
Eligibility (Entering Freshman):
To be eligible to receive the scholarship a student must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Have a 3.5 grade point average or higher (4.0 scale);
2. Score 1250 or above on the SAT or 29 or above on the ACT;
3. Be eligible for resident student status prior to February 15th deadline;
4. Enter a degree program listed below;
5. Be a full-time student (i.e., enrolled in 12 hours or more per long semester);
6. Be accepted Texas A&M University-Kingsville (main campus) before February 15th;
7. Submit 2 letters of recommendation from non-relatives, such as teachers, mentors, or employers;
8. Submit statement of purpose (double-spaced, 12 font, 1" margins, 2 pages)
This scholarship is restricted to those who plan to graduate with a degree from Texas A&M University-Kingsville (main campus) in one of the liberal arts programs: Communications, Theatre Arts, Music, Art, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Social Work, English, Spanish, History, Political Science, Geography.
This page was last updated on: August 01, 2012