E. B. Erard Journalism Scholarship
Given to an outstanding journalism junior or senior, the award was established in memory of Mr. Erard, who was editor of the Kingsville Record and Bishop News for many years before his death in 1970. A committee of consisting of departmental faculty determine the recipient who receives $500.00 per semester.
Submit to the department along with an application:
1. A current transcript of grades
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Evidence of an ACT score of 17 or higher (or a SAT combined total of 800 or higher)
On receipt of a scholarship you will be expected to:
1. Register for at least 3 semester hours of course work in this department.
2. Be actively involved in department activities.
3. Volunteer your time and talent whenever possible.
This page was last updated on: August 01, 2012