Standards of Progress
SB1210 (Effective Fall 2014)
Effective Fall 2014, all students using Hazelwood & Hazelwood Legacy Act Exemption benefits MUST maintain an institutional 2.0 grade point average (GPA) for Undergraduate and 3.0 institutional GPA for Graduate/Doctoral students at all times.
- All Veterans
- Children and/or spouses of disabled veterans
This does not apply to:
- Children and/or spouses of veterans killed in action, missing in action, or who died due to a service-related illness or injury
** Students who wish to receive veteran's benefits and who transfer from another institution without the required 2.0 GPA for Undergraduate and 3.0 GPA for Graduate must visit the VA coordinator in the Javelina Enrollment Services Center before registering for classes to determine whether or not they are eligible for certification.
SB1158 (Effective Immediately)
- Senate Bill 1158 assigned administration of the Hazlewood Exemption to the Texas Veterans Commission;
- Transferred from THECB to TVC administration of the Hazlewood Exemption to the Texas Veterans Commission;
- Simplifies/clarifies wording for children and spouses of disables Veterans;
- Age limit removed for children of disabled, deceased, or MIA Veterans.
This page was last updated on: July 16, 2015