Texas A&M University-Kingsville


Dual Enrollment Application/Registration Packet

* Qualifying Criteria

  • Student Checklist
    • Please print as a guide as to what is required as part of a complete packet.
    • The completed copy must be submitted along with your complete packet to the Dual Enrollment Advisor at Texas A&M University - Kingsville.
  • Student Guidelines for the Dual Enrollment Program
    • Please print a copy for your records each semester you participate for the most recent guidelines.  By sigining your registraiton/permission form, you are agreeing that you have read and agreed to the information listed on the Student Guidelines.

Submitted Online:

  • Texas A&M University-Kingsville Dual Enrollment Application
    • New Students Only
    • For further instructions on how to complete the online application, click the following link "How to Apply".

Submitted to High School Counselor:

  • Dual Enrollment Registration/Permission Form
    • Required of all students.
    • In order for us to accept this form all areas must be complete.
  • FERPA Release Form
    • Required for students that have not already completed one.
    • TAMUK will not accept a copy, fax or email.  The original completed form must be submitted to the Dual Enrollment Advisor.
  • Official High School Transcripts – (In sealed envelope)
    • Required of all students, and must be submitted every semester.
    • To be considered official, the transcript must be signed and stamped with the high schools seal. The transcript must also include the students high school GPA.
  • Official Test Scores – Include Writing Scores if Applicable
    • For New Students and for Returning Students that have not already been determined college ready in the subject(s) they are requesting.
  • Official College Transcripts - If applicable (In sealed envelope)
    • If the student has attended another institution at anytime, an official transcript must be submitted.  Once the official transcript has been submitted the student will not need to resubmit unless they took additional courses at that institution.
  • Letter of Approval - (must be on high school letterhead and signed)
    • If taking more than 7 semester credit hours (Fall or Spring) and/or if taking more than 4 semester credit hours (Summer). Any amount of semester credit hours over 7 during the Fall/Spring semesters or over 4 semester credit hours for the Summer semesters will need a “Letter of Approval” from the student’s High School Principal on their school’s letter head, recommending the student for this course load prior to enrollment… this is STRICTLY ENFORCED!  A student must pass all courses with a "C" or better to continue to enroll in more than 2 dual credit courses in following semesters.  No Exceptions.
  • Shot records showing proof of receiving the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine (Vaccine is only valid for 5 years)
    • Only for students physically taking courses on our campus.
    • For New Students and Returning Students that have sat out more than a semester that fall into the additional category listed below.

This page was last updated on: March 24, 2014