Thirty students will be considered on a competitive basis. Students are eligible to apply if the applicant is a TAMUK student, has at least a 3.0 GPA, and has a sincere interest in pursuing a Ph.D. In addition, the following criteria must be met:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- a junior or senior in the sciences or humanities, and
- EITHER a first generation college student who is low income, OR a member of a group underrepresented in graduate study (African-American, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiians, Native American, or Pacific Islanders).
Do You Qualify?
Interested students, please read the McNair brochure and submit the following documents to College Hall 230:
1. "Do You Qualify" Form
2. A completed application and assessment for the McNair Program
3. A current TAMUK or other campus transcript
4. A list of academic and extracurricular honors, distinctions and scholarships
5. A list of memberships in academic organizations and participation in academic activities
6. Previous research experience, if any
7. Three letters of recommendation, two from faculty members and one personal
8. Students with eligibility will be expected to interview with all administrative McNair team
9. A 300-word statement on why the applicant wants to participate in the McNair Program
10. Copy of social security and driver's license
11. Copy of 1040 tax forms
12. Copy of Academic Degree plan
The application forms can also be downloaded from the site and mailed to the staff. Application deadline is Monday, October 24, 2016 at 5:00 P.M. Completed applications must be delivered to College Hall 230. If you have any questions please call (361) 593-4767 or 2129.
This page was last updated on: September 12, 2016