FACTORS FOR APPROVAL
Requests for exclusive use of a SRC facility are considered based on the following factors:
- Facility availability based on established schedule and impact to primary users (primary users are members of the SRC and SRC sponsored programs).
- Compatibility of activity with facility use, function, and regulations.
- Health and safety considerations for participants and potential damage to equipment.
- Availability of appropriate supervision for safety response and facility protection.
Priority for scheduling and use of the SRC facility is, as a general policy, extended as follows:
- SRC Sponsored Programs (Intramural Sports, Open Recreation, Sport Clubs, Group Exercise, Personal Training, Health & Wellness Workshops, SRC Special Events)
- Recognized Student Clubs & Organizations-Event Limited to SRC members
- Recognized Student Clubs & Organizations-Event Open
- Departments and Offices-Event Limited to SRC members
- Departments and Offices-Event Open
- Off-Campus Non-Profit Organizations
There is no fee for recognized student organizations/campus departments requesting facilities exclusively for use by the campus community. (Except for Gym use requiring floor covering = $60 set up/take down charge and $25 per intramural field requiring marking).
SAFETY AND SUPERVISION
- Requests should explain the event supervision plan and safety plan. In some cases, at least one of the attending individuals must have current CPR/AED/First Aid certifications and be present at all times.
- In order to satisfy the supervision and safety needs, it may be determined that a SRC Building
Manager be present during an organization's event. The sponsoring organization may be responsible for this cost.
- Signed waivers of liability are required for all participants.
- The SRC staff has the final authority in all decisions related to participant, spectator, and staff
safety, potential facility damage, or non-compliance with facility regulations, or staff requests.
This includes the authority to modify or discontinue any activity. Event organizers are
expected to support and assist the staff in all decisions.
- Requests for events that are fitness, health, recreation, or sport based are given preference.
- One day or short-term use requests are given preference.
- Requests for SRC facilities by campus groups must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and no more than three months prior to the date requested. Request from non-university groups must be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Events should encourage participation and not be primarily spectator events.
- Events must allow for informal recreation to occur in other areas of the facility.
- For sport competitions, games rules must be reviewed and approved by SRC staff prior to the event.
- Rules should be consistent with Intramural Sports rules.
- Facilities may not be used for commercial purposes or personal gain. A fee may be charged for philanthropic or fund-raising events with prior written approval from appropriate campus personnel.
- Events should be scheduled during regular facility operating hours. There is a limited opportunity for events to occur outside regular hours. Availability is based on overwhelming need and the demonstrated inability for the event to occur during regular hours.
- After hour use is also possible for events reaching a large portion of the campus population that are sponsored for the express purpose of providing positive alternatives to unhealthy leisure pursuits.
- After hours use requires additional supervision and increased supervision cost.
- Gum, tobacco, and glass are not permitted in SRC facilities.
- No food or beverages allowed in the building.
- Pets, other then service animals, are prohibited at all indoor/outdoor SRC facilities.
- There will be NO BYCICLES, SKATEBOARDS/ROLLERSKATES in INDOOR FACILITIES or VEHICLES ON FIELDS.
- Reservation request should include set-up time, event time, and take-down time.
- An INSURANCE POLICY may be required. PAYMENT is non-refundable
- The Department of Campus Recreation and Fitness is NOT LIABLE for any charges incurred by the group reserving the facility, or injury to participants, or anyone hired for the event by the group reserving the facility.
- UPD Police Security will be required for all events with 100 or more in attendance, or if money is collected, or if alcohol is served. The requestor will be responsible for all security charges.
- Additional charges and fees may be assessed if it is determined that insurance, security or custodial services are required .
- If there is any damage to the facility and/or the facility is not cleaned properly, the cost of the repairs and/or clean-up will be charged to the responsible group.
The goals of the SRC are to offer a broad range of recreational opportunities to meet the needs of the campus community, encourage physical wellbeing, promote interaction that develops a sense of community, emphasize safety, demonstrate service, and support the appropriate use of resources. Any conduct that interferes with these goals or detracts from the enjoyment of others is detrimental to the program and may result in disciplinary action.
Any of the following examples of misconduct apply to participants and spectators of the organization involved.
- Vulgar, obscene, abusive, derogatory, suggestive, or demeaning comments or gestures.
- Threats, intimidation, or verbal aggression.
- Fighting or physical aggression.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Failing to comply with requests from the SRC staff.
- Damaging equipment or facility.
- Disregarding facility regulations or other policies.
This page was last updated on: January 04, 2013