Employment of Personnel on Externally Funded Projects

To initiate the employment of faculty, staff, or graduate students, the PI/PD must consult with the Human Resources. Once the position has been filled or a current employee has been assigned, a "Request for Form 500" or Employee Payroll Action (EPA) must be completed and routed through the appropriate Department Chair, College Dean, and Provost for approval and required authorization. If a graduate student’s salary is funded entirely by sponsored funds, the Form 500/EPA does not require approval by the Provost or College Dean and should be sent directly to Post Awards following the approvals by the department chair. To initiate the employment or assignment of an undergraduate student worker, the PI/PD must consult with the Office of Student Financial Aid Services.

This page was last updated on: June 23, 2014