'Feed Me, Seymour!'--Music and Theatre Programs to Present 'Little Shop of Horrors', July 16-17
KINGSVILLE - July 06, 2010
email@example.com or 361.593.4979
Texas A&M University-Kingsville’s Department of Music and Department of Communications and Theatre Arts will present “Little Shop of Horrors” by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken at 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, July 16-17, in Jones Auditorium. Admission is $5.
A down-and out skid row floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a mysterious craving for fresh blood. Soon "Audrey II" grows into an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore who offers him fame and fortune in exchange for feeding its growing appetite, finally revealing itself to be an alien creature poised for global domination.
One of the longest-running Off-Broadway shows of all time, this affectionate spoof of 1950s sci-fi movies has become a house-hold name, thanks to a highly successful film version and a score by the songwriting team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, who redefined the animated musical film with Disney's "The Little Mermaid", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aladdin." Charming, tuneful and hilarious, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, "Little Shop of Horrors" never fails to entertain.
Stage direction and production design is by assistant theatre professor Corey Ranson, with music direction by associate music professor Dr. Kenneth Williams. Costume design is by Cristina Suarez-Machuca.
Cast members include:
- Cassandra Clarke of Three Rivers as Audrey
- Michael Mendez of Corpus Christi as Seymour
- Miguel Angel Venegas of Pharr as Mr. Mushnik (aka Mr. Montez)
- Albert Garcia of Beeville as the Voice of the Plant,
- Taylor Maupin of Falfurrias as Orin the Dentist,
- Amanda Pitts of Alice as Crystal,
- Michelle Flores of Alice as Chiffon,
- Leah Luna of Del Rio as Ronette,
- Christian Acevedo of San Benito as Mrs. Luce
- Ruben Herrera and
- Lauren Bunch of Kingsville playing multiple roles
For ticket information call 361-593-2803. For additional information, please contact Dr. Kenneth Williams at Kenneth.firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-593-2814.
This page was last updated on: July 16, 2014