Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Travel within the US

International Student Services encourages all international students who plan to travel to carry their original passport, I-94 card and I-20 or DS-2019 with them. The documents will clearly identify you as a student and provide immediate identification of your nationality. It is recommended that you obtain a notarized copy of an original passport and keep the copy in a safe location in case of loss of the original document.

While in the United States, students are encouraged to travel within Texas and other states during university break periods

By Air

Air travel can be arranged by contacting a travel agent (listed in the Yellow Pages of the telephone book) that will make your flight arrangements free of charge to you.

By Bus

By bus, you can travel long and short distances relatively inexpensively. Check the Yellow Pages under "Bus Lines" for information. Inquire if they offer student discounts.

By rental car

If you wish to rent a car, you must have a U.S. driver's license and usually once credit card. Note that most rental agencies require the person renting the car to be at least 25 years of age. Rates can vary between rental companies-call and compare. You can find "Automobile Renting and Leasing" in the Yellow Pages of the telephone book.

This page was last updated on: February 12, 2014