Texas A&M University-Kingsville

International students who are currently in the U.S. on another type of visa or Who have applied for permanent residency

The University does not require you to change your status to F-1 or J-1 student status to be enrolled. However, if you are in F-2 status, USCIS regulations require that you change your status to F-1 before enrolling in a university. You are required to present your immigration documents to the DSO during the “check-in” process. ISS staff can assist you with the change of status process should that be required or advisable. If you want to change from your present status to student or exchange visitor visa status, please contact the DSO in International Student Services as soon as possible.

Last Updated: 2/6/08

This page was last updated on: February 12, 2014