Exchange/Study Abroad Application Procedures
Student Exchange/Visiting Program Procedures
2. Pay $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
3. Submit Official Transcripts from all previously attended Colleges and/or Universities (with certified English Translation). ***
4. Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 (Internet-based) or 550(Paper-based) is the university minimum requirement for all Graduate students. This score must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Services (ETS) and dated within two (2) years of enrollment. Residual (Institutional) TOEFL exams taken at another institution will not be accepted. TOEFL (Code#6822).***
All international students are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS unless they qualify for a waiver. The following are considered equivalent to the TOEFL scores of 79 (iBT)/550 (PBT):
- TAMUK Intensive English Program at the English Language Training Center (ELTC) completion of program certificate with an Advanced Plus at 85%. (TAMUK Intensive English Program placement test and recommendations from the ELTC director are considered).
- Completion of the advanced-level Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP) offered by the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC).
- IELTS 6.0 or above overall band score.
- GRE Verbal Score 400 (Score on the Prior GRE Scale) or 146 (Score on the Current GRE Scale)
- Students who have completed their entire formal education at the secondary or postsecondary level in the following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Federated States of Micronesia, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, United Kingdom (all), Trinidad-Tobago, and Virgin Islands. Please note: Applicants from Puerto Rico, where Spanish is the primary language, are required to submit a TOEFL or equivalent.
- Based on the review and decision of the College of Graduate Studies, students who have earned at least 12 credits, with a grade C or better, in university-level courses from a U.S. institution or an institution in one of the countries listed above, may be exempt from TOEFL.
5. Student will receive acceptance letter from TAMUK
6. Pay $150, Exchange Program fee and $50 processing fee via Money Connect through TAMUK Blue&Gold
7. Send Copy of biographical page of your passport***
8. Send Letter of Sponsorship required from the party who will financially support the applicant during pursuit of degree. The letter should certify the sponsor's commitment to pay the educational, living, health, and personal expenses of the applicant until completion of the degree(s). A sponsor may be the student, student's parents or a third party organization.***
9. Send Bank Statement certifying the sponsor to have at least U.S. $.00 (stated in U.S. currency) dated within twelve months (one year) of the first enrollment.***
10. Send Proof of sufficient Medical Insurance Coverage. The University requires each international student to have mandatory health insurance coverage while in the U.S.A. Insurance may be obtained through the International Student Services (ISSS) office. For more information contact ISSS at Cousins Hall, Room 113-B, Kingsville, TX 78363, (361)593-3317. Proof of insurance is required for registration. ***
11. Student will access available courses via Blue&Gold and select 7 courses, according to choice and preference
12. Submit the abovementioned list of selected 7 courses***
13. Complete and submit housing application form***
14. Submit proof of Meningitis Vaccination***
***Scan and/or submit all the above-mentioned items by e-mail and submit hardcopies to the Office of International Studies and Programs:
2) Mailing address:
Office of International Studies and Programs
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd.
Kingsville, TX 78363-8202
This page was last updated on: April 23, 2015