Exchange/Study Abroad Application Procedures
$50.00 Processing Fee (non-refundable; to be charged upon submission of the application)
$200.00 Registration Fee (to be charged upon acceptance to TAMUK Exchange Program. You MUST notify the Office of International Studies & Programs in writing if you cancel your program.)
Student Exchange/Visiting Program Procedures
1. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $50.00 Non-refundable Application Fee through applytexas.org.
2. Mail official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities to the following address. If the original document is not in English, a corresponding English translation must be submitted.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Office of International Studies & Programs
700 University Blvd., MSC 163
Kingsville, Texas 78363
3. Have ETS send in your official TOEFL score to TAMUK (TOEFL code: 6822). A minimum of TOEFL score of 61 (Internet-based) or 500 (Paper-based) is required.
The following are considered equivalencies to the TOEFL scores of 61 (iBT)/500 (PBT):
- SAT* verbal 500; ACT* verbal 21 English; TAKS 2200 English/ 3 writing; TAAS 1770; IELTS 6.0 or above overall band score.
- TAMUK ELTC completion of program letter with a minimum average of 85% and levels from intermediate to advanced.
- TOEFL exams taken at another institution will not be accepted.
- Students who have completed their entire formal education at the secondary or postsecondary level in the following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Federated States of Micronesia, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, United Kingdom (all), Trinidad-Tobago, and Virgin Islands. Please note: Applicants from Puerto Rico, where Spanish is the primary language, are required to submit a TOEFL or equivalent.
4. Once all the required documents have been reviewed and accepted, the Office of Admission will inform the applicants regarding their application status and communicate with the Office of International Studies & Programs.
5. The Office of International Studies & Programs Office will send a “Welcome Letter” to the student and the student will be required to submit the following documents to the Office of International Studies & Programs.
- Exchange Student Application
- Copy of passport biographic page
- Letter of Sponsorship from the party who will financially support the applicant The letter should certify the sponsor's commitment to pay the educational, living, health, and personal expenses of the applicant until completion of the student’s stay in the U.S. A sponsor may be the student, student's parents or a third party organization. Click here for a sample of sponsor letter.
- A bank statement certifying the sponsor to have at least U.S. $ 31,655.00, dated within twelve months (one year). For a reciprocal exchange student, the student will only be responsible for living expenses, books, insurance application fee, exchange fee, and processing fee. TAMUK Tuition of $ 16,168.00 for 2014-2015 academic year, will be waived for reciprocal exchange student.
6. Pay student exchange fee via money connect
7. Students should access available courses via “Blue and Gold” to select list of courses according to preference and submit the list of preferred courses to the Office of International Studies and Programs via email to email@example.com.
8. Students under the 20 years of age or who have earned less than 30 college credit hours are required to reside in the university residence halls. Please visit and submit housing application. Note that a Texas law requires students living on campus housing must submit proof of Meningitis Vaccination.
This page was last updated on: May 23, 2016