TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid)
Welcome to Texas A&M University-Kingsville Student Financial Aid, we are committed to helping all our students attain their educational goals by providing quality assistance in addressing their financial needs. As specified by Senate Bill 1528, state law permits students that are neither US citizens, nor permanent residents to be classified as Texas residents for admissions and financial aid purposes, thus making them eligible for state aid.
Since funding is limited, not all eligible students who apply will be awarded State Grants. We encourage all students to apply and complete their financial aid paperwork as soon as possible in order to maximize their chances of receiving an award.
State Grant Priority Deadlines
Fall/Spring: March 15th
Spring: November 1st
TASFA Deadline: May 1st
Students who fall under Senate Bill 1528 are declaring themselves residents of the State of Texas, therefore making them eligible for State Aid. Here are the requirements that must be satisfied:
- Must have lived in Texas at least 3 years before receiving their High School (in Texas) diploma or GED
- Must have lived in Texas at least 3 years before enrolling in a public college/ university (in Texas)
- Must submit an Affidavit of Intent with the Office of Admissions declaring that they will apply for permanent residence in the United States as soon as the student becomes eligible.
- Male students between the ages of 18-26 must register with Selective Service.
- Must be an Undergraduate Student
Applying for Aid (All forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Aid)
- Download and follow the TASFA instructions (Click Here to Download)
- Submit completed TASFA Application to the Office of Student Financial Aid. (Click Here to Download)
- Institutional Verification Worksheet 2014-2015 (Click Here to Download)
- Household Resource Worksheet 2014-2015 (Click Here to Download)
- Independent students must submit a 2013 signed an IRS Tax return and 2013 IRS tax transcript. Tax Return Transcript information can be found here, or by calling 1.800.908.9946
- Independent students must submit a 2013 W-2s.
- Parents of dependent students should submit their 2013 signed an IRS Tax return and 2013 IRS tax transcript. Tax Return Transcript information can be found here, or by calling 1.800.908.9946
- Parents of dependent students should submit their 2013 W-2s.
- Non-Tax Filers, please submit a statement of income listing household income amount for 2013.
- Males must be registered for Selective Service. Male students must register with Selective Service and provide proof they have registered or are not required to register.
Additional Program Information
- The HB1403 program requires that the student meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- This program is not available in the summer terms.
- Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and are limited by state funding.
- Funds are awarded for Tuition and Fees ONLY (If you receive additional resources (Grants, Scholarships, etc.) in excess of Tuition and Fees, your award may be revised accordingly)
- Please visit www.collegeforalltexans.com for additional information.
This page was last updated on: September 24, 2015