TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid)
Welcome to Texas A&M University-Kingsville Student Financial Aid, we are committed to helping all our students attain their educational goals by providing quality assistance in addressing their financial needs. As specified by Senate Bill 1528, state law permits students that are neither US citizens, nor permanent residents to be classified as Texas residents for admissions and financial aid purposes, thus making them eligible for state aid.
Since funding is limited, not all eligible students who apply will be awarded State Grants. We encourage all students to apply and complete their financial aid paperwork as soon as possible in order to maximize their chances of receiving an award.
State Grant Priority Deadline: March 15th
TASFA Deadline: June 1st
Students who fall under Senate Bill 1528 are declaring themselves residents of the State of Texas, therefore making them eligible for State Aid. Here are the requirements that must be satisfied:
- Must have lived in Texas at least 3 years before receiving their High School (in Texas) diploma or GED
- Must have lived in Texas at least 3 years before enrolling in a public college/ university (in Texas)
- Must submit an Affidavit of Intent with the Office of Admissions declaring that they will apply for permanent residence in the United States as soon as the student becomes eligible.
- Male students between the ages of 18-26 must register with Selective Service.
Applying for Aid (All forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Aid)
- Submit completed TASFA Application. (Click Here to Download)
- Complete the Standard Verification Worksheet (Click Here to Download)
- Your/ Your Parent’s Income Tax Return(s) with W-2 forms, or a notarized statement for Non-Tax Filers
- Selective Service Verification of Registration for male students (Click Here to Download)
This page was last updated on: April 23, 2013