Jianhong-Jennifer Ren, Professor
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University, 2003
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Drexel University, 1998
- B.S., Environmental Engineering, Beijing Polytechnic University, Beijing, China, 1993
Contaminant Fate and Transport; Sediment Transport; River system restoration and contaminant dynamics in streams, sediment beds and estuaries; Physicochemical particle-particle and particle-contaminant interactions.
Honors and Awards
- National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award, March 2005
- Raytheon Engineers & Constructors Scholarship, Society of Women Engineers Philadelphia Section, April, 1999.
- Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), 2014 - current
- Associate Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), 2007 - 2014
- Assistant Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), 2003- 2007
- Summer Intern (June - Aug. 2001), The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Graduate Research Assistant, 1999 - 2003, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Teaching Assistant, 1996 - 1999, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Technical Translator and Assistant (Jan. - July 1996), China Government and Camp Dresser & McKee (CDM), Inc., MA
- Areepitak, T. and Ren., J. (2012), Model Simulations of Particle Aggregation Effect on Colliod Exchange between Streams and Streambeds, Environmental Science & Technology, 45 (13), pp5614-5621.
- Boncagni, N.T., Otaegui, J.M., Warner, E., Curran, T., Red. and Fidalgo, M.M. (2009), Exchange of TiO2 NAnoparticles between Stream and Streambeds, Environmental Science & Technology, 43 (20), pp7699-7705.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2007), Changes in Fine Sediment Size Distributions due to Interactions with Streambed Sediments, Sedimentary Geology, 202, 529-537.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2005), Coupled Stream-Subsurface Exchange of Colloidal Hematite and Dissolved Zinc, Copper and Phosphate, Environmental Science & Technology, the Charles R. O'Melia tribute issue, Particles and Interfaces in Aquatic Systems, 39, 6387-6394.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2004), Stream-Subsurface Exchange of Zinc in the Presence of Silica and Kaolinite Colloids, Environmental Science & Technology, 38, 6571-6581.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2004), Modeling of Simultaneous Exchange of Colloids and Sorbing Contaminants between Streams and Streambeds, Environmental Science & Technology, 38, 2901-2911.
- Rehg, K., Packman, A.I. and Ren, J. (2003), Effects of suspended sediment characteristics and bed sediment transport on streambed clogging, K. A.I. Packman, and J. Ren, Hydrological Processes, 19(2), doi: 10.1002/hyp.5540, 413-427.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2003), Stream-subsurface exchange, suspended sediment transport, and the coupled transport of colloids and contaminants in streambeds, International Journal of Sediment Research, 18(2), 199-207.
- Ren, J. and Packman, A.I. (2002), Effect of Background Water Composition on Stream-Subsurface Exchange of Submicron Colloids, Journal of Environmental Engineering-ASCE, Vol. 128, No. 7, 624-634.
- Ren, J., Packman, A.I., and Welty, C. (2001), Analysis of an observed relationship between colloid collision efficiency and mean collector grain size, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 191, No. 1-2, p. 133-144.
- EVEN 6305. Research in Environmental Engineering
- EVEN 6308. Fund/ Solid/Haz waste
- EVEN 6315. Fundamentals of Water Quality Engineering
- EVEN 6329. Environmental Monitoring & Measurements
- EVEN 6332. Environmental Data Analysis
- Member, American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Department of Environmental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, EC 301E
MSC 367 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2798
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: February 02, 2015