David Ramirez, Associate Professor
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000
- B.S., Biochemical Engineering, Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico, 1995
Air quality control technology; capture and recovery of organic vapors emitted from industrial sources using carbon based adsorbents; sustainable technology for pollution prevention and green manufacturing; atnasphenic transformation of engineered nanomaterials, manufacture of carbon based adsorbents, nanoparticle adsorption.
Honors and Awards
- NSF CAREER Award, 2009
- Associate Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), 2012 - present
- Assistant Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), 2006 - 2012
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UIUC
- Network Administrator, Air Quality Engineering & Science Research Group, UIUC
- Graduate Researcher, UIUC - Abbot Laboratories
- Sanitary Inspector, Institute of Health of the State of Aguascalientes, Mexico
- High School Teacher, C.E.T.I.S. No. 155, Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Gangupomu, R. H.; Kositkanawuth, K.; Sattler, M. L.; Ramirez, D.; Dennis, B. H.; MacDonnell, F. M.; Billo, R.; Priest, J. W. (2012) "Analysis and Comparison of Inertinite-Derived Adsorbent with Conventional Adsorbents", Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 62(5), 489-499
- Ramirez, D.; Vidal, E. X.; Hemamipour, H.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2011) "Capture and Recovery of Methyl Ethyl Ketone with Electrothermal-Swing Adsorption Systems" Journal of Environmental Engineering, 137(9), 826-832.
- Carter, E. M.; Katz, L. E.; Speitel, G. E.; Ramirez, D. (2011) "Gas-phase formaldehyde adsorption isotherm studies on activated carbon: correlations of adsorption capacity to surface functional group density" Environmental Science and Technology, 45, 6498-6503.
- Wang, Y., Zhu, Y., Salinas, R., Karnae, S., Ramirez, D. and John, K. (2008) "Roadside Measurements of Ultrafine Particles at a Busy Urban Intersection", J. of Air and Waste Management Association, 58, 1449-1457.
- Luo, L.; Ramirez, D.; Rood, M. J.; Grevillot, G.; Hay, K. J.; Thurston. D. L. (2006) "Adsorption and Electrothermal Desorption of Organic Vapors using Activated Carbon Adsorbents with Novel Morphologies." Carbon, 44, 2715-2723.
- Ramirez, D.; Qi S.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2005) "Equilibrium and Heat of Adsorption for Organic Vapors and Activated Carbons." Environmental Science and Technology, 39(15), 5864-5871.
- Ramirez, D.; Sullivan, P. D.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2004) "Equilibrium Adsorption of Phenol-, Tire- and Coal-Derived Activated Carbons for Organic Vapors." Journal of Environmental Engineering, 130(3), 231-241.
- Dombrowski, K. D.; Lehmann, C. M. B.; Sullivan, P. D.; Ramirez, D.; Rood, M. J.; James, K. J. (2004) "Organic Vapor Recovery and Energy Efficiency during Electric Regeneration of an Activated Carbon Fiber Cloth Adsorber." Journal of Environmental Engineering, 130(3), 268-275.
- Ramirez, D.; Vidal, E. X.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2005) "Pilot-Scale Electrothermal-Swing Adsorption System for the Capture and Recovery of Vapor Emissions from a Painting Facility", 98th Annual Meeting of the Air & Waste Management Association, Minneapolis, MN, 1295.
- Ramirez, D.; Gangupomu, R. H.; Doherty, J. (2009) "Thermal-Swing Adsorption System for the Removal of Organic Vapors from Waste Gas Streams" 102nd Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Air & Waste Management Association, June 16-19, Detroit, MI, 342.
- Ramirez, D.; Custer, S.; Lamm, H.; John, K. (2009) "TAMUK-STEP: A Model of Student Success and Persistence" poster presentation at the 4th Conference of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, February 13-14, Kingsville, TX.
- Member, Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA), Southwest - Corpus Christi Section- A&WMA, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) and International Adsorption Society (IAS)
Department of Environmental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, EC 370
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2096
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: February 09, 2015