Kim D. Jones, Professor and Chair, Director, Institute for Sustainable Energy and the Environment
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1997
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1994
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Texas at Austin,1981
- B.S., General Engineering, USMA, West Point, NY, 1974
Natural Systems engineering applications for solid and hazardous waste treatment; Environmental biotechnologies for air and water treatment, Low Impact Development (LID) research and modeling, Constructed wetlands, Vapor phase biofiltration for air toxics, water reuse applications, Fate and transport of contaminants in subsurface systems. Solid and hazardous waste management.
Honors and Awards
- Javelina Alumni Association Distinguished Researcher Award, 2013
- Professor of the Year, Environmental Engineering, 2012
- Stormont Lecturer, Victoria College honoree, 2010
- Faculty Lecture Award – Texas A&M University-Kingsville, 2005
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993
- Pi Epsilon Tau Petroleum Engineering Honor Society, 1980
- Professor and Chair, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering), 2009-present
- Associate Professor and Chair, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering), 2004-2009
- Assistant Professor, TAMUK, 1999-2004
- Consulting Engineer, Camp, Dresser & McKee Inc., Atlanta, GA, 1997 - 1999
- Research Associate, School of Civil & Envir. Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 1992 - 1997
- District Engineer, ARCO International, Inc., Jakarta, Indonesia, 1990 - 1992
- Area Operations Engineer, ARCO Oil and Gas Company, Lafayette, LA, 1984 - 1990
- Research Engineer, ARCO Production Research, Plano, TX, 1981 - 1983
- Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1979 - 1981
- Captain, U.S. Army, Ft. Jackson, SC, Carlisle, PA, 1974 - 1979
Recent Journal Publications
- Rivas, R., Jones, K., Mills, P. (2013) A citrus waste based biorefinery as a source of renewable energy: technical advances and analysis of engineering challenges, Waste Management & Research, v3:4, 413-420.
- Pan, X., Zhang, J., Jones, K. (2013) Simulation of storm event flow for a pilot runoff treatment wetland, Ecological Engineering, v53, 284-289.
- Pan, X., Zhang, J., Fang, W., Jones, K. (2012) Dynamic behavior of stormwater quality parameters in South Texas, Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering, v6:6, 825-830.
- Karre, A., Jones, K., Boswell, J., Paca, J. (2012) Evaluation of VOC Emissions Control and Opacity Removal Using a Biological Sequential Treatment System for Forest Products Applications, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, v87, 797-805.
- Jones, K., Yadavalli, N., Karre, A., Paca, J. (2012) Microbial monitoring and performance evaluation for H2S biological air emissions control at a wastewater lift station in South Texas, USA, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, v147:7, 949-963.
- Karre, A., Bairu, P., Jones, K., Paca, J. (2012) Parameters Affecting H2S Emissions Removal and Re-circulating Water Quality in a Pilot Scale Sequential Biological Treatment System at a Waste Water Lift Station in Brownsville, Texas, USA, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, v147:7, 979-989.
- Paca, J., Halecky, M., Novak, V., Jones, K., Kozliak, E. (2012) Biofiltration of a styrene/acetone vapor mixture in two reactor types under conditions of acetone overloading, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, v87, 772-777.
- Pan, X., Jones, K. (2012) Seasonal variation of fecal indicator bacteria in storm events within the U.S. stormwater database, Water Science and Technologyy, 65:6, 1076-1080.
- Gerard, M., Havranek, J., Novak, V., Halecky, M., Jones, K., Soccol, C., Paca, J. (2010) Modelling the steady state and dynamic conditions of a biotrickling filter treating styrene and acetone in
air, Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology, v53, 1225-1234.
- Paca, J., Halecky, M., Misiaczek, O., Jones, K., Kozliak, E., Sobotka, M. (2010). Biofiltration of paint solvent mixtures in two reactor types: overloading by hydrophobic components, Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, v37, 1263-1270.
- Jones, K., Pan, X., Garza, A., Lloyd-Reilley, J. (2010) Multi-level assessment of ecological coastal restoration in South Texas, Ecological Engineering, v36, no: 4, 435-440.
- Alcala, M., Jones, K., Ren, J., Andreassen, T. (2009) Compost product optimization for nitrate biofiltration applications, Bioresource Technology, v100, no 17: 3991-3996.
- Nelson, S., Uckoo, R., Esquivel, H., Enciso, J., Jones, K. (2008) Effect of compost in ‘Rio Red’ grapefruit production in a heavy textured soil. In: Hao X-Y (Ed) Compost I. Dynamic Soil, Dynamic Plant. 2 (Special Issue 1), 67-71.
- Martinez, A., Rathibandla, S., Jones, K., Cabezas, J. (2008) Biofiltration of Wastewater Lift Station Emissions: Evaluation of VOC Removal in the Presence of H2S, Journal of Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, v10, n1: 81-87.
- EVEN 6308. Fundamental Solid/Hazardous Waste
- EVEN 6314. Ecosystem Simulation Modeling
- EVEN 6315. Fundamental Water Quality Modeling
- EVEN 6319. Chemical Principal / Environmental Engineering Design
- EVEN 6320. Environmental Risk Assessment and Management of Risk
- EVEN 6330. Ecological Engineering
- South Texas Section, Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration
- Member, Water Environmental Federation
- Member, Air & Waste Management Association
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia, #22982
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, #114997
The Department of Environmental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, EC 376B
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2187
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: February 13, 2014