John L. Chisholm, Assistant Dean and Associate Professor
Associate Professor, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, University of Oklahoma, 1992
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Oklahoma, 1984
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Oklahoma, 1982
- B.S., Engineering Physics, University of Oklahoma, 1974
- Well Log Interpretation
- Pipeline Design
- Engineering Education
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, TX (1992 - Present)
- Promoted to Associate Professor 2000
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK (1982 - 1992)
- Research Associate
- Acting Assistant Professor / Instructor
- Academic Advisor
- Expeditor, Exploration Supply and Equipment, Anchorage, AK (1979 - 1980)
- Field Engineer, Welex, A Halliburton Company (1978 - 1979)
- Gas Measurement Error Analysis for Transwestern Pipeline (a division of Enron)
This work was done in association with Professor C. Van Mooney, P.E., now deceased.
- "Fundamentals of Gas Laws", Proceedings of the 61st Appalachian Gas Measurement Short Course, August 14-16, 2002, Robert Morris College, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
- "Fundamentals of Gas Laws", Proceedings of the 36th Annual American School of Gas Measurement Technology, September 16-19, 2002, Houston, Texas.
(This paper has been published annually from 1995 through 2002 in the Proceedings of the American School of Gas Measurement Technology.)
- "Opportunities and Impediments to Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Students' Participation in International Exchange Programs", Rio Bravo Association Conference, San Antonio, Texas, April 11-13, 2002.
- "Fundamentals of Gas Laws", Proceedings of the 61st Appalachian Gas Measurement Short Course, August 15-17, 2001, Robert Morris College, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
- McInerney, M.J., Knapp, R.M., Chisholm, J.L., Bhupathiraju, V.K., Coates, J.D., "Use of Indigenous or Injected Organisms for Enhanced Oil Recovery", Eight International Symposium on Microbial Ecology, Halifax, Nova Scotia, August 9-15, 1998.
- "Fundamentals of Gas Chemistry", Proceedings of the 32nd Annual American School of Gas Measurement Technology, September 15-18, 1997, Houston, Texas.
Pilevari, A., Heenan, W.A., Chisholm, J.L.
- "A New Natural Gas Engineering Degree Program with an Emphasis in Environmental Engineering", Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education, Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, The University of Houston, March 23-25, 1997.
- Gas Laws Govern Fundamental Building Blocks of Business, Pipeline and Gas Industry, pg. 21-27, May 1996.
- Chisholm, J.L., Mooney, C.V., Datta-Barua, L., Feldmann, R.J.
"A Field Example of a Gas Orifice Meter With Debris-Ridden Liquid in Mist Flow", SPE 29490, Proceedings of the Society of Petroleum Engineers Production Operations Symposium, April 2-4, 1995, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Member, Corpus Christi Area Measurement Society
Institutional and Professional Service
- Board of Directors
- American School of Gas Measurement Technology
- College ABET Coordinator
- Chair- Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering Curriculum CommitteeBoard of Directors
- University Curriculum Committee
- Academic Appeals Board
- Joint Judicial Appeals Board
- University Distance Learning Committee
- Engineering College Internet Utilization Committee
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Sexual Harassment Policy Task Force
- Texas A&M University Academy for Educational Development
- other small committees
- American School of Gas Measurement Technology (annually)
- Annual Convocation and Technical Exposition of the Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Offshore Technology Conference
- American Society of Engineering Education Conference
- Governor's Conference on Educational Development
Chemical & Natural Gas Engineering
EC 301B, Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
MSC 188 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-4474
fax: (361) 593-2106
This page was last updated on: February 01, 2011