Admission to ELTC
Apply for Admission
It’s time to start planning your future and what better place to do so than at Texas A&M University-Kingsville in the English Language Training Center? Imagine small class sizes, nationally recognized programs, top-notch professors who care about your success and outstanding student support services.
We also provide our students with the opportunity to not only learn but to also live on campus. Our brand new residence hall, University Village, offers state of the art suite-style living within walking distance of your classes.
We provide you with the chance to make long lasting friends and gain new leadership skills. Our NCAA Division II athletic programs are conference champions and have won seven national championships in American football.
You have big plans for you and your future and we invite you to check out why the English Language Training Center at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is the right place for you.
Where to Start
- Copy of passport (front & back). Scanned copy is acceptable.
Every sponsor must fill out the sponsor's letter and send it along with the application.
Each applicant must secure a letter of support from a bank.
When both are completed, mail or fax to:
English Language Training Center
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd
Kingsville, TX 78363 - 8202
Fax: (361) 593-4964
The following information is very important for admission application and I-20 issuance. Please read the information carefully. Please find the attached documents which are required for your admission to ELTC. All returning documents can be sent to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy of Your Passport: The copy of the biographical information and signature pages on your passport.
A Letter of Financial Guarantee: It could be an original bank statement / bank letter. The bank statement and bank letter needs to be on bank letterhead with a signature and stamp from a bank official. The original bank statement and bank letter that should indicate the account holder’s full name and the balance of the account (needs to be in English). The amount on the bank account must match or exceed the cost of the program that you are applying for.
For Fall / Spring Semester (16-week session), the tuition is $3,995 a financial letter of guarantee of at least $9,800.00 is needed.
For Fall / Spring Semester (8-week session), the tuition is $2,195 so a financial letter of guarantee of at least $4,990.00 is needed.
For Summer Semester (4-week session), the tuition is $1,195 so a financial letter of guarantee of at least $2,950.00 is needed.
A Sponsor Letter: A sponsor letter is needed if the bank statement and bank letter are not from your personal account. Please ask your sponsor writes you a letter to verify that he/she will pay all the educational and living/travel expenses during your studies at English Language Training Center (ELTC) at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. The following is a sample. You can use this format to generate a support letter.
Admission Application Procedure
- Send the completed application with the required documents back to ELTC via email.
- Need at least 24 hours for us to review your application form and the documents.
- You will be notified of your pre-admission assessment result within two days via email from the Office of Student Outreach and Recruitment.
- Your admission application with the required documents will be sent to the Office of Admissions if no other documents needed.
For foreign students requesting an F1 Visa:
- 16 weeks & First 8 weeks : 2nd Monday in June
- Secound 8 Weeks : 2nd Monday in August
- 16 weeks & First 8 weeks : 1st Monday in November
- Secound 8 Weeks : 2nd Monday Of January
- Session I : 2nd Monday in April
- Session II : 2nd Monday in May
For students transferring from another institution:
- One month before the program start date
For U.S. citizens and permanent residents:
- One week before the program start date
This page was last updated on: July 24, 2015