Texas A&M University - Kingsville has the responsibility to:
- Provide reasonable and appropriate access to all educational and co-curricular programs, services, activities, and facilities.
The Disability Resource Center has the right and responsibility to:
- Maintain the integrity and rigor of the University's academic standards.
- Establish what constitutes qualifying documentation of a disability.
- Require students requesting accommodations to provide documentation of a disability.
- Determine appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Deny requests for academic accommodations that are not supported by the documentation provided to the Disability Resource Center.
Students with disabilities have the right and responsibility to:
- Meet University academic, technical, and institutional standards.
- Have equal access to educational and co-curricular programs, services, activities, and facilities.
- Inform the Disability Resource Center in a timely manner that you are an individual with a disability and that you are requesting accommodations.
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids as outlined.
Faculty have the right and responsibility to:
- Hold the same academic standards for students with disabilities as held for students without disabilities.
- Provide accommodations recommended by the Disability Resource Center.
- Understand how a student with a disability receives/processes information and/or demonstrates mastery of a subject might vary due to reasonable accommodations.
- Consult with the Disability Resource Center staff if questions arise regarding accommodations.
- Maintain confidentiality of students' accommodations and disability related information.
This page was last updated on: September 28, 2015