Texas A&M University-Kingsville Honor Code
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is deeply committed to the development of its students and the promotion of personal integrity and self-responsibility in the campus culture. This university recognizes students as adults pursuing an education. Students are subject to the expectation of satisfactory academic performance and social behavior consistent with the lawful and educational purpose of the university. Because honor and integrity are integral to the education process, promoting and protecting academic integrity is the responsibility of every member of the campus community. All students are expected to abide by the Javelina Honor Code.
Violations of the Javelina Honor Code will be handled as academic misconduct under the Student Code of Conduct as delineated in the following section.
PRINCIPLE, PURPOSE AND HONOR PLEDGE
Principle: Academic integrity is a commitment, even in the face of adversity, to five fundamental values: honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility. From these values flow the principles of behavior that enable academic communities to translate ideal into action.
- Honesty—TAMUK students adhere to a code of moral or artistic values; their uprightness of character or action implies a refusal to lie, steal, or deceive in any way.
- Trust—TAMUK students are of high moral character; their confidence lies in their strength and ability to always tell the truth.
- Fairness—TAMUK students are marked by impartiality and honesty; they are free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism and conform to University established rules.
- Respect—TAMUK students are considered worthy and in high regard.
- Responsibility—TAMUK students are able to answer for one's conduct and obligations.
Purpose: The purpose of the Honor Code at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is to create and maintain an environment in which academic integrity, and the resulting behavior, can flourish. The importance of honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility are clearly articulated in the Honor Code to affirm these values as a defining part of the Texas A&M University-Kingsville campus culture.
Javelina Honor Pledge: As a student of Texas A&M University-Kingsville, I pledge to conduct myself honorably and to uphold high standards in all academic work, and to adhere to all of the values set forth in the Javelina Honor Code.
This page was last updated on: September 28, 2015