Senior Year Career Planning Checklist
- Continue getting experience through an internship, volunteer program or co-op.
- Define your career objective and update your resume.
- Have your résumé critiqued by faculty, Career Services, supervisors, etc.
- Place your résumé on www.JavelinaCareers.com.
- Write a cover letter and have it critiqued by faculty/Career Services.
- Finalize your references; request letters of reference.
- Refine your interviewing skills by participating in a Mock Interview(s) with Career Services.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and workshops relating to your major and career choice.
- Attend career fairs (including job fairs and graduate/professional fairs).
- Participate in on-campus recruiting.
- Network, network, and network.
- Clarify your job search. Maintain a job search log on each employ with who you apply and interview. Review cost of living needs and develop a salary range based on experience, degree, locale, etc.
- Read your emails and mail from the Career Services Center.
- Apply to graduate/professional schools if appropriate. Continue to investigate graduate school options. Decide if you are going to apply now or later. If now, take tests and organize applications, complete essays, gather references, plan for financial assistance, etc.
Source: The Black Collegian, 2002
This page was last updated on: October 11, 2011