Administrative Assistant Training
Administrative Assistant Profession
Administrative assistants offer support for office personnel with their responsibilities varying greatly, depending on the size of the office. Admistrative assistants schedule meetings or appointments, arrange travel accommodations and organize files. They need to be well-versed with office equipment, such as fax machines, scanners, videoconferencing systems and photocopiers.
Administrative Assistant Training - Employment & Education
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), overall employment for secretaries and administrative assistants was expected to increase 11% from 2008-2018 (www.bls.gov). In May 2010, the BLS indicate that the median annual wage for a general secretary was $30,830, while wages may depend on the years of experience or the size of the company that employs the assistant. Administrative assistants and secretaries may receive bonuses. A high school diploma is the minimum requirement for most entry-level administrative assistant jobs.
Administrative Assistant Program Information
This 8 week program will equip participants with the professional skills needed to become an invaluable member of an organization. They will learn how to keep office running in an organized and efficient manner. One of the main focus of our program is on current office technology, usually Microsoft Office. It is important to develop skill in this area so participants can assist with business correspondence and prepare documents, reports, presentations, spreadsheets and more. A variety of clerical and office skills will also be introduced during this course giving the participants the confidence to produce anything from scheduling appointments and checking e-mails to conducting research and training.
Administrative Assistant Detailed Course Information
- Role of the Administrative Assistant.
- Identify the members of the office staff and general job descriptions.
- Demonstrate providing excellent customer service even to the most difficult clients.
- Understanding the importance of making strong relationship with your boss.
- Identify the key points in event planning and what steps must be implemented.
- Develop the proper people skills with customers, coworkers and management.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize your work load on a day to day basis.
- Understanding the key computer programs to help facilitate office procedures.
Schedule & Program Cost
Click here for Schedule and Program Cost
For online course Click here
This page was last updated on: March 14, 2013