Dental Assisting Program w/ a Clinical Rotation – 100 Classroom Hours; Tuition $1,799
Detailed Course Information
- Describe Dental specialties
- Identify and name the parts of the jaw and areas of the mouth
- Identify and name parts of the tooth
- To demonstrate tooth charting, tooth surfaces and classification of restorations on a tooth
- Identify a single crown restoration, bridge, implant, partial denture, and full denture
- Identify a periapical x-ray, panograph x-ray, and bitewing x-ray
- Demonstrate mounting (from right to left) a complete series of dental x-rays
- Demonstrate set-up and breakdown of a treatment room using universal precautions
- Discuss diseases transmitted in a dental office and what medical history is important
Begins Fall 2013:
Tuesdays and Thursdays (plus 4 Saturdays)
October 8 – December 17
6:00pm – 9:30pm (9:00am – 4:00pm)
100 Classroom Hours / Tuition $1,799
Dental Assisting Program – with a Clinical Rotation!
Employment & Education
The Dental Assisting Program prepares students for entry level positions in one of the fastest growing health care positions - Dental Assisting. The Dental Assisting program will cover key areas and topics exposing the student to both classroom and hands-on instruction. The classroom instruction reviews the necessary anatomy, terminology, legal and ethical issues as well as the policy and guidelines necessary to understanding the scope of practice and the practical aspects of dental assisting. Topics include instrument identification, equipment maintenance, tooth structure and oral cavity anatomy, dental anesthesia, sterilization, and charting. The student will learn the steps necessary to assisting the dentist while providing quality dental care within the community. Program includes review of tooth charting, restorations, bridge implants, bitewing, panograph, and periapical x-ray and the mixing of dental cements.
Additionally, this 100 contact hour course includes a CPR certification course and covers the relevant material necessary to prepare students to take the State of Texas “TSBDE” Dental Assisting exam offered throughout the State of Texas.
Course Contact hours: 100 hrs + Clinical Externship
Student Tuition: $1,799 (Textbooks included)
Please contact Texas A & M University - Kingsville @ 361-593-2861 to register and find out more!
This page was last updated on: August 09, 2013