Bookkeeping Certification Program - 42 Classroom Hours ; Tuition $450
- Bookkeeping Certification course covers - Accounting: the Language of Business
- Analyzing Business Transactions
- Analyzing Business Transactions Using T Accounts
- The General Journal and the General Ledger
- Adjustments and the Worksheet
- Closing Entries and Postclosing Trial Balance
- Accounting for Sales and Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts
- Accounting for Purchases, Accounts Payable, and Cash Payments
- Payroll Computations, Records, and Payment
- Payroll Taxes, Deposits, and Reports
- Accruals, Deferrals, and the worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Begins Spring 2014
42 Classroom Hours/ Tuition $450
This course will provide a Bookkeeper Certification from National Bookkeeping Association (NBA). This certification assures employees you have bookkeeping knowledge and skill. You, the student, will obtain the Certification by passing the Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination. The Exam is developed, maintained, and administered by NBA. Bookkeepers who pass the Exam may communicate to employers that they possess NBA Bookkeeping Certification and are able to distinguish themselves and build credibility by having authorized use of the NBA Bookkeeping Certification certificate and logo.
Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination
The Exam is an online examination used to test the student/candidate’s bookkeeping competency, It consists of 50 multiple choice questions and simulations. You have 24 hours to take and submit the Exam for grading and the Exam is “open-book”. To pass the Exam, you must receive a minimum of 80% on the Exam. Exam results are made available to you within 24 hours. If necessary, you must wait one full week to retake the Exam.
Required Text and Additional Materials
College Accounting: a Contemporary Approach - 2nd edition
By David Haddock, Jr., John Ellis Price, Michael J. Farina
Published 05/09/2011 by McGraw-Hill/ Irwin
ISBN13: 978-0073396958 ISBN10: 0073396958
Note: Bring your textbook to class with you. Additional materials will be distributed in class or made electronically available.
Course Contact Hours: 42 Hours
Student Tuition: $450
Please Contact Texas A&M University- Kingsville @ 361-593-2861 to register and find out more!
This page was last updated on: November 22, 2013