Compact with Texans
Introduction and Definition of Compact
Texas A&M University-Kingsville (A&M-Kingsville), a member of the Texas A&M System, enters into this "Compact with Texas" - an agreement to provide services following a set of guiding principles. This compact also sets forth the rights of customers and defines the standards our customers should expect.
Name and Contact Information of Customer Service Representative
Dr. Terisa Remelius
Vice President for Student Affairs
College Hall Room 220
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, TX 78363
(361) 593-3612 Office
Agency Services Offered
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a comprehensive regional university providing quality programs for South Texas with courses of study leading to bachelor, masters, and doctoral degrees, as well as certification in selected fields, such as teacher certification, communications disorders, and social work. Services provided for students include housing, health care and counseling, admissions, financial aid and scholarship services, career services, tutoring and advising services, recreational sports activities, child day-care service, food services, and alumni services. A&M-Kingsville also provides continuing and adult education offerings both on campus and at remote sites.
Customer Service Principles and Measures
Texas A&M University-Kingsville maintains a student/customer policy of courtesy, respect, and accessibility. The following areas are included in the Customer Service Principles and Measures:
1. The facilities of A&M-Kingsville shall be well maintained, easily accessible to all customers, and clearly marked with appropriate directional and informational signage. The maintenance of the campus facilities shall emphasize cleanliness and have a pleasing aesthetic quality.
2. The staff of A&M-Kingsville is dedicated to quality customer service. Academic, administrative, and student service departments annually address issues of student and customer satisfaction in their Institutional Effectiveness Plans. All employees are encouraged to identify themselves and their operational unit by name when responding to telephone calls. The wearing of name tags by employees in service areas is encouraged to promote a customer-friendly environment. The University offers training programs and workshops to its employees throughout the year promoting professional development and customer relations.
3. Communications with customers emphasize courtesy, accuracy and efficiency. This is accomplished through the availability of a toll-free telephone number, online and voice services (including registration , financial aid, and payment status), and voice and electronic mail services. The Student Handbook, Catalog and Semester Schedules outline the various formats and processes for communications within the University community.
4. The University website is available to all customers. The website is generally user friendly and informative. Associated websites will encompass academic, administrative and student services. Internet and informational complaints and questions shall be directed to the A&M-Kingsville Customer Service Representative, Dr. Terisa Remelius.
5. Service Timeliness. The institution will respond to each customer inquiry in a timely manner irrespective of the nature or mode of the inquiry. A timely manner may be described as:
- E-mail questions are to be answered within two (2) working days.
- Written requests are to be answered within five (5) working days.
- Telephone requests are to be answered within five (5) working days.
- In person requests are to be answered as soon as possible, with a follow-up time period of five (5) working days under extenuating circumstances.
6. All printed materials from A&M-Kingsville are to generally be accurate, timely, and informative.
Complaint Handling Process and Procedures
All student and customer service complaints should follow the complaint and/or grievance procedures as outlined in the student and faculty/staff handbooks. For clarification, or to report a student/customer service complaint, contact Dr. Terisa Remelius, vice president for student affairs, at (361) 593-3612. Student and customer service complaints can be either verbal or written via email or paper copy. Customers shall expect a complaint summary settlement report within five (5) working days.
This page was last updated on: June 07, 2012