1. Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited post secondary institution with a minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA.
2. Interest in teaching math, science, special education, or EC-6 generalist or bilingual generalist
3. Willingness to work in a high-needs partner district
4. The stated number of coursework hours required in your content area OR a passing grade on the Pre-Admission Content Test
5. Ability to attend mandatory, monthly in-person cohort meetings
How to Apply
1. Apply for admission to Texas A&M University-Kingsville at www.applytexas.org
- Select College of Graduate Studies
- Select Alternative Certification Program (ACP) as the major
- Pay the $35 application fee online or in person with the graduate school (please check financial statements to ensure that debit/credit card payment was processed)
2. Send a sealed, official copy of ALL transcripts to:
Office of Graduate Studies
700 University Blvd, MSC 118
Kingsville, TX 78363
Please note: You must send a transcript from every institution attended even if the courses appear on another transcript because of transfer.
3. Complete a TEACH Project & ACP application
- Application should include a current resume with objective for teaching career and a 500-1000 word cover letter addressing why you want to teach and how your previous experiences have prepared you to succeed in the classroom
- Application should also include another copy of all transcripts
4. Register for the PACT exam (only if you do not have the required number of coursework hours in your content area) Please notify our office of your scheduled test date and forward a copy of your passing exam result as soon as you receive it.
Applications cannot be reviewed until ALL materials, including a passing score on the PACT exam, have been received by our office. Therefore, please submit all materials as soon as possible.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We are currently accepting and reviewing applications for the Spring 2016 semester.
All TEACH Project application materials can be submitted via:
Mail: TEACH Project
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd, MSC 195
Kingsville, TX 78363
Fax: (361) 593-2158
In person: Rhode Hall, Room 117
This page was last updated on: September 29, 2015