Educational Administration Online Program
Message from the Coordinator
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich
Welcome to the M.S. Degree in Educational Administration. Advising and Questions about the Ed Admin Program can be directed to me at:
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich
Rhode Hall #130
Why Attend Texas A&M University-Kingsville?
- As the state of Texas continues to grow, new schools are opening and administrator retirements are evident. The principal's certificate opens doors to the following diverse roles: All-level principal, all-level assistant principal, athletic director, facilitator, director, consultant, and many central office positions. No wonder we call it the "School Leadership Omnibus Certificate."
- For more than 80 years, Texas A&M University-Kingsville has prepared successful school principals and other leaders. Hundreds of current educational leaders at the forefront of instruction are graduates of our program, which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- If you are considering a school leadership role, please contact us, so that we can inform you about our online program.
All of our faculty have either a Ph.D. or Ed.D. They have diverse public school leadership backgrounds with experience in Texas, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Dr. La Vonne Fedynich, Coordinator of Principalship Program
- Dr. Marilyn Bartlett
- Dr. Don Jones
- Dr. Gerri Maxwell
Click here for a PDF copy of the Educational Administration Program Handbook.
Program Internship Handbook
Click here for a PDF copy of the Educational Administration Internship Program Handbook.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville offers a Master of Science in Educational Administration and a Principal Certification program. Both are offered in an online format. Click on the links below to view the Educational Administration degree plan and the certification plan.
For the Superintendency Certificate, the following courses will be taken:
- EDAD 5352 Educational Facilities Planning
- EDAD 5381 Administration of Special Programs OR EDAD 5351 Staff and Pupil Personnel
- EDAD 5384 Adv. Problems in the Superintendency
- EDAD 5313 School Finance
- EDAD 5385 Superintendency Internship
For more information on Superintendency Certification contact Dr. Don Jones at 361-593-2901 or at email@example.com.
To be accepted into the program, students must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with teaching emphasis (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2.8 GPA in undergraduate work
- Satisfactory MAT or GRE entrance examination score
- Background consistent with the Texas Code of Conduct
Questions can be directed to:
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich, Coordinator of the Educational Administration Program
Estimated Time to Completion:
For the Master of Science in Educational Administration (with or without certification): 18 months (the estimate could vary as this is dependent upon the individual student and the availability of courses being offered)
For the certification route: 1 year (the estimate could vary as this is dependent upon the individual student and the availability of courses being offered).
Estimated Costs of Program:
3 hours/1 class $1,116.90
6 hours/2 classes $1,870.80
9 hours/3 classes $2,624.70
(The University reserves the right to change fees upon board approval)
Practice Principal Examination Test Dates for 2016
|March 5, 2016||8:00am - 3:00pm||TBD|
|July 9, 2016||8:00am - 3:00pm||TBD|
|October 1, 2016||8:00am - 3:00pm||TBD|
Links to Useful Information
The TAMUK College of Graduate Studies - This link will take you to the College of Graduate Studies at TAMUK. There you will find vital information pertaining to topics such as: admissions information, graduation, the Masters Thesis Manual, and various deadlines pertaining to the program.
TAMUK Blackboard - This is the University Course Management System (CMS), the place for students to access their courses online.
This page was last updated on: February 13, 2016