Educational Administration Online Program
Message from the Coordinator
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich
Welcome to the M.S. Degree in Educational Administration. Advising and Questions about the Ed Admin Program can be directed to me at:
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich
Rhode Hall #128
Why Attend Texas A&M University-Kingsville?
- As the state of Texas continues to grow, new schools are opening and administrator retirements are evident. The principal's certificate opens doors to the following diverse roles: All level principal, all level assistant principal, athletic director, facilitator, director, consultant, and many central office positions. No wonder we call it the "School Leadership Omnibus Certificate."
- For more than 80 years, Texas A&M University-Kingsville has prepared successful school principals and other leaders. Hundreds of current educational leaders at the forefront of instruction are graduates of our program, which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- If you are considering a school leadership role, please contact us, so that we can inform you about our online program.
All of our faculty have either a Ph.D. or Ed.D. They have diverse public school leadership backgrounds with experience in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Dr. Glenda Holland, Chair of Educational Leadership
- Dr. Marilyn Bartlett
- Dr. La Vonne Fedynich, Director of Principalship Program
- Dr. Don Jones
- Dr. Gerri Maxwell
- Dr. Ron McKenzie
Click here for a PDF copy of the Educational Administration Program Handbook.
For the Principal's Certification within the M.S. in Educational Administration, the following courses will be taken:
- EDAD 5341 School Administration (3)
- EDAD 5301 Foundations of Education (3)
- EDAD 5302 Elementary & Secondary Curricula (3)
- EDED 5329 Educational Research I (3)
- EDAD5382 School Public Relations (3)
- EDAD 5344 Supervision: ILD (3)
- EDAD 5330 Multicultural Education (3)
- EDAD 5383 Public School Law (3)
- EDAD 5342 Principalship (3)
- EDAD 5343 Managing School Resources (3)
- EDAD 5305 Graduate Research Project II (3)
- EDAD 5345 Internship (3)
Total Semester Hours(36)
(Previous graduate work may be counted)
For the Superindency Certificate, the following courses will be taken:
- EDAD 5352 Educational Facilities Planning
- EDAD 5381 Administration of Special Programs OR EDAD 5351 Staff and Pupil Personnel
- EDAD 5384 Adv. Problems in the Superintendency
- EDAD 5313 School Finance
- EDAD 5385 Superintendency Internship
For more information on Superintendency Certification contact Dr. Don Jones at 361-593-2901 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We model the Standards for Programs in Educational Leadership published by the National Policy Board for Educational Administration.
Advanced study in Educational Administration provides an opportunity for individuals to prepare for leadership positions in the field of education. Degrees and/or certification are available in mid-management, supervision and superintendency. Included in each course of study is a one-semester supervised internship at an approved public school. All G.P.A., ExCET and research paper requirements for a master's degree apply. Previously completed Master's Degree may be considered for admission purposes.
For the course descriptions, please refer to the University's Academic Catalog (Graduate).
To be accepted into the program, students must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with teaching emphasis (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA in undergraduate work
- Satisfactory MAT or GRE entrance examination score
- Background consistent with the Texas Code of Conduct
Accepted students are advised by:
|Students with last names beginning A-L||Students with last names beginning M-Z
Dr. La Vonne Fedynich
Dr. Ron McKenzie
Links to Useful Information
The TAMUK College of Graduate Studies - This link will take you to the College of Graduate Studies at TAMUK. There you will find a couple of key pieces of information pertaining to our program: IRB forms, Master Thesis Manual, as well as admissions information and other graduation information.
TAMUK Blackboard - This is the University Course Management System (CMS), the place for students to access their courses online.
This page was last updated on: January 30, 2013