Alternative Certification Program (ACP)
Our program offers a nontraditional route to certification designed for individuals who already hold a Bachelors degree.
It is the mission of the TAMUK Alternative Certification Program to prepare qualified educators for a rewarding and long-standing career in education.
- Apply for admission to the Texas A&M University-Kingsville College of Graduate Studies at www.applytexas.org.
- Register for the Pre-Admission Content Test(s) (PACT). This test will demonstrate content proficiency in your certification field.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the PACT option.
- A passing score on the content examination through PACT may enhance your marketability to school districts for internship eligibility
- In addition, having passed your content exam, you are better able to focus on coursework requirements of the program and preparing for the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities examination
- Apply to the Alternative Certification Program (ACP). Components of a completed application include:
- Alternative Certification Program (ACP) Application
- Official Transcript(s)
- PACT Results
Note: To meet the content mastery requirement, transcript(s) should reflect a minimum of 24 semester credit hours in the desired content area, or evidence of competency must be reflected in a passing score on TExES exam through PACT.
Review the TAMUK ACP Program Handbook for a detailed summary of what our program can offer you as you prepare for a new career in teaching.
This page was last updated on: June 21, 2012