Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Travel Credit Card

Citibank Travel Card

 The “T-Card” is used for official business travel only.  A “T-Card” is an agency liability card and there is no credit check involved.  The university is responsible for payment to the credit card company.  An employee may not use the T-Card” for personal expenses per TAMU System Policy  However, if  personal expenses were charged to the “T-Card” the employee must reimburse the university.  Use the “P-Card” or “T-Card” Refund form for reimbursements to the university located on the forms section of the travel website.  The use of the “T-Card” is not mandated; the employee may choose to use their personal card and receive a reimbursement via Concur. 

Funding Source

The “T-Card” may be used for airfare, hotel, car rentals, restaurants, parking and incidental expenses on local funds.  On state funds, the card may only be used for airfare, hotel, and rental car.  No meals or incidentals are allowed. 

Cardholders Responsibilities

  • The employee is responsible to submit all itemized receipts to travel via Concur.
  • Only the employee whose name appears on the “T-Card” may use the card.
  • Protect the card and card number at all times to prevent unauthorized use.
  • Immediately notify Citibank at (800)248-4553 or (800)796-7206 and the program coordinator if the card is lost or stolen.  If outside the U.S., call collect to (904)954-7314.
  • Dispute fraudulent transactions within 60 days of the statement date in which the transaction appears.

“T-Card” Application Process

The following forms are to be read, signed and submitted to Travel.

  1. Cardholder Application, Agreement and Approval Form
  2. User/Supervisor Statement of Responsibility

Credit Limit

The credit limit will be set at $2,000.00.  If the credit limit will need to be raised, please contact Travel by email, travel@tamuk.edu.

Allocation Process

  • Whether using the “T-Card” or a personal credit card the allocation and/or reimbursement process is done through Concur.
  • Travelers will login through Single Sign On to access Concur.
  • “T-Card” charges are automatically imported into Concur.
  • Complete the expense report in Concur after all of the charges have been imported into Concur.
  • Submit the expense report for approval.


All the forms are available on the website under the “All Forms” page. 

Common Allowable & Unallowable Expenses but not limited to the list below

Alcoholic Beverages

The “T-Card” may not be used to purchase alcoholic beverages when on travel status. It may be used if allowable when the meal is considered a business meal.  Contact Travel prior to purchase of alcohol beverages to determine if it is allowable.  If alcoholic beverages were purchased and are considered unallowable, the employee will reimburse the university.

Business Meals

The “T-Card” may be used for business meals when in travel status.  The reason for the business meal must clearly be stated.  Details for the business meal must include the five IRS W’s; at least one individual must not be an employee, and include a participant list.  (Submit the business meal information form)

Car Rentals

 As of September 1, 2011, the P-Card is not to be used to rent cars.  Employees are to use the “T-Card and book the car rental through Concur.


The “T-Card” may be used to fuel a rental vehicle.  If a personal vehicle is used to travel, the reimbursement is based on mileage.  Do use the “T-Card” to fuel a personal vehicle

Meal & Lodging Rates

It is important to be aware of the meal and hotel rates so that the employee does not exceed such rate.  If an employee exceeds the meal per diem, that is actuals not to exceed the allowable rate, the employee will reimburse the university for the overage amount. All itemized receipts are required regardless of which payment method is used.

If the hotel rate exceeds the per diem, that is actuals not to exceed the allowable rate, the overage may be allocated to a local account only if allowed by the department.  If the department does not approve the hotel overage, the employee will reimburse the university. 

Sales Tax

Remember to take the appropriate sales tax exemption form.  If the establishment will not honor the sales tax exemption, the employee will not be penalized.


Tips or gratuities paid in conjunction with meal expenses when in travel status should not exceed 15%.

This page was last updated on: November 20, 2014