John Talmer Peacock Scholarship in Mathematics and Science
This endowed scholarship fund has been established in honor of John Talmer Peacock. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the academic year (Fall and Spring) to one individual or may be split to provide two $500 scholarships. These will be allocated at $500 or $250 per semester respectively with renewal in the second semester based on continued performance in accord with minimum selection standards. Applications should be submitted to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences prior to April 25th of each year for review by the College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship Committee. The student(s) to receive this scholarship will be announced in May.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship a student must:
1. Be a new beginning or currently enrolled student.
2. Plan to major in Math, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, or Physics.
3. For new beginning incoming students, be in the upper 20% of your graduating class and have a minimum test score of 24 (ACT) or 1000 (SAT). For currently enrolled students, have a 3.5 (4.0 point scale) or higher grade point average at the time of application.
4. For renewal the student must have a 3.5 grade point average or higher (4.0 scale).
5. Have a commitment to the principles of higher education.
6. Have demonstrated leadership potential.
7. Two letters of recommendation.
This page was last updated on: August 01, 2012