Donna Tobias Speech & Debate Scholarship
Given to an outstanding junior or senior, the award was established in memory of Dr. Donna R. Tobias, who was a professor and chairperson in the Communications and Theatre Arts Department for many years before her death in 2002. The recipient must participate or have had participated on the Forensic Team. ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER LIST ACTIVITIES, HONORS, AWARDS, OFFICES, TOURNAMENTS, ETC. THAT JUSTIFIES YOUR RECEIVING A SCHOLARSHIP.
Submit to the department along with an application:
1. A current transcript of grades
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Evidence of an ACT score of 17 or higher (or a SAT combined total of 800 or higher)
On receipt of a scholarship you will be expected to:
1. Register for at least 3 semester hours of course work in this department.
2. Be actively involved in department activities.
3. Volunteer your time and talent whenever possible.
This page was last updated on: January 21, 2014