Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Office Of The Registrar

Office Of The Registrar FAQ

Certain information on your student record, such as address and telephone number, dates of attendance, and degrees received, is defined as directory information and is released to the public on request. Confidential items, released only with your permission, include class schedule, grades, and grade point average. Complete definitions of public and private student information and regulations covering the release of such information by the University are given by FERPA.

A currently enrolled student may request that directory information not be made public by completing the FERPA Release Form available in the Office of the Registrar. If you request that your directory information be restricted, no information will be released about you and no entry for you will appear in the printed campus directory.


If a parent wants more information about FERPA, they may refer to our user guide

If a student wants more information about FERPA, they may refer to our student user guide.

Texas A&M University-Kingsville defines a credit hour in accordance with federal regulation, the Texas Administrative Code, and standards set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The university has procedures in place that conform to accepted practices for determining the amount and level of credit awarded for courses regardless of format or mode of delivery, including but not limited to, self-paced, online, hybrid, laboratory, seminar, internships, and lecture.

The minimum amount of time for a one-credit hour course per semester equals 50 minutes per week for 15 weeks of engaged learning plus one week for final examinations or other methods of assessment. A credit hour is an amount of work represented by intended learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement, for the various modes of instruction offered at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. Therefore, a 3 semester-credit-hour course contains at least 45 hours of engaged learning time (i.e. instruction/student engagement/educational experience).

The University has a formal faculty review process (undergraduate/graduate curriculum committees at department/unit, college, and university levels) to ensure that the amount and level of credit awarded for the undergraduate and graduate courses are compatible with sound academic practice in the given field. Non-traditional courses (hybrid, online, shortened semester) that do not meet the face-to-face contact hour requirements, may be offered after the completion of a comprehensive formal faculty review to determine the equivalent learning outcomes of traditionally delivered courses (face-to-face). Delivery methods, measurements of student work, academic calendars, disciplines, and degree levels are taken into consideration in determining the amount of work the learning outcomes will involve.

Enroll and add/drop during your designated access periods by using the Blue and Gold Connection or by filling out the Add-Drop Registration Form and turning it in by fax, email, or coming in person to the Registrar's Office.

Any person may request permission of the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to visit a course. Individual instruction courses are not open to visitors. Visitors do not have the privilege of submitting papers, taking part in class discussions or participating in laboratory or field work. Visitors pay fees according to the published credit hour fee schedule, except that no additional fee will be required of a full-time student. A visitor's name will not be entered on the class rolls or permanent records. The notice of approval of a request to visit a course, properly receipted after fees are paid, will serve as a permit to attend a class.

A student wishing to withdraw will need to contact the Office of the Registrar directly to obtain the Request for Withdrawal Form. Staff members can assist you in making an informed decision; explain the difference between dropping a course and withdrawing; things to think about before withdrawing; implications academically or financially; institution's withdrawal policy; and steps to proceed with the withdrawal process.

You can get information on holds by logging on to Blue and Gold Connection 

  1. Select Student & Financial Aid
  2. Select Student Records
  3. Select View Holds.

If unable to access, you may call the Registrar's office at (361) 593-2811.

For step by step instruction, please refer to our user guide.

You can get a copy of your class schedule by logging on to Blue and Gold Connection then follow these steps:

  1. Select Registration
  2. Select Week at a Glance (or Student Detail Schedule)
  3. Enter valid date (Select the term)
  4. Submit

If you are unable to access your schedule, other options for getting a class schedule include contacting your advisor, department, or major college.

For step by step instructions, refer to our User Guide

Grades are available online at Blue and Gold Connection. In order to do so, please complete these steps:

  1. Login to your JNET
  2. Select the tab Campus Resources
  3. Select Blue and Gold Connection
  4. Select Student & Financial Aid
  5. Select Student Records
  6. Choose Mid-Semester Grades or Final Grades
  7. Select term
  8. Submit

You can calculate your GPA at the following website: http://gpacalculator.net/college-GPA-calculator/ 

You can calculate your Institutional GPA on DegreeWorks by doing the following: 

  1. Login to your JNET
  2. Select the tab Register
  3. Under the Degree Planning section, select DegreeWorks
  4. Go to the top right and click on the ellipses (3 dots icon) 
  5. Select GPA Calculator

Your institutional GPA is the calculated GPA for the courses you have taken at your current institution. 

Official transcripts may be ordered through the following methods:
  • eTranscript
  • Microsoft transcript - For mail or pick up
  • Blue and Gold Connection - For mail or pick up
  • In person - For mail or pick up
    • Javelina Enrollment Services Center (Located in room 132 at the Memorial Student Union Building - MSUB)
    • No cost
For more detailed information please see our transcript page.

Certification of enrollment and degrees awarded can be obtained by completing the Enrollment Verification Request Form.

Course Schedules are published exclusively on the web approximately two weeks before enrollment.

Current course catalog(s) are available at https://catalog.tamuk.edu/ 

Catalogs of the various degree plans can be obtained via the web at https://www.tamuk.edu/academics/archive.html

The official University academic calendar is posted on the Web as soon as it is approved. Academic calendars are also printed within each semester's class schedule.

A student with a name change or address update should fill out the Change of Personal Data Form in the Registrar's Office. Be sure to bring one of the following: marriage license or certificate, passport, court order, divorce decree, birth certificate, or naturalization papers (Driver's license or social security card is not acceptable).

You can also update your local, permanent, and billing address and telephone number via Blue and Gold. For detailed instructions, refer to our User Guide.

Texas A&M University-Kingsville has three commencement ceremonies a year: May, August, and December. For exact dates of each semester, check our graduation page. It is always a good idea to check with your advisor at least a semester beforehand to obtain your graduation check sheet. 

For step by step instructions on the application to graduate, refer to our Graduation Application User Guide.

You are exempt from the vaccination requirements if any of the following apply:

  • You will be age 22 or older on the first day of the semester you are exempt.
  • You cannot take the vaccine because it would be injurious to your health and well-being.
  • You decline the vaccine due to reasons of conscience, including a religious belief.

Please visit Meningitis Vaccination Exemption Requirements for more information.