Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Center for Student Success

How do I...

  • First, you need to see your advisor to discuss classes you should take.

  • Then you will use the Blue & Gold Connection to look up classes and add them to your schedule.

A Course may be dropped only with the permission of the student's major advisor. Students should see their academic advisor for dropping a course. A drop form may be picked up in the Office of the Registrar or with your academic advisor.

If a student finds it necessary to withdraw from the university, the student must notify the Office of the Registrar in person and process a written withdrawal form. A student exempt from Senate Bill 1231 who is withdrawing (dropping all active courses) from the university prior to the automatic Q date (see that academic calendar for exact date) of the semester/term will receive an automatic grade of Q in each course being dropped at the time of the withdrawal. In the case of a student subject to Senate Bill 1231, a grade of QE will be awarded in each course. If the student is not passing a course at the time of the withdrawal, a grade of F or QF could be awarded

  • To change their name, students must provide legal documentation to the Office of the Registrar.

  • Students must also notify the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid, or the Business Office of an address change.

  • Obtain a change of major form from your academic advisor or the Registrar’s Office

  • Complete the form and submit to your academic advisor or the Registrar’s office to be processed.

  • Entering freshman that have satisfactorily passed one or more of the Advanced Placement Examinations of the College Entrance Examination Board are eligible for university credit in appropriate courses.
  • Examination scores and requests for credit should be directed to the Office of Admissions.

Students should talk to the course instructor about the possibility of registering for the class.

Students may pay for classes with a MasterCard or Visa over the web (Blue & Gold Connection) or with cash, check, credit card, or money order at the Business Office.

  • Contact the Business Office. 361.593.3818
  • Via Money Connect on your Blue & Gold connection

  • Students must have completed the FAFSA to qualify for work-study.
  • Students must have been awarded and accepted the work-study award before Interviewing for a position.
  • Jobs are posted on Financial Aid website.

Students should visit the Career Services, talk to Faculty, watch for job announcements, and visit the Financial Aid website.

You will choose courses next semester with the assistance of your advisor. Please make an appointment to see your academic advisor before the end of each semester.

  • Talk to your advisor about the possibility of substituting courses.
  • A form must be filled out and the substitution must be approved by the faculty advisor, department chair, and dean prior to enrolling in the course.

  • Official transcripts from any other school attended should be sent to TAMUK.
  • Official transcripts from a community college will be transferred in as lower division credit only. Transfer coursework grade point average is brought in as CREDIT ONLY. Transfer grades cannot be used to raise the grade point average at this university.

Courses may be added from the opening of registration until the end of the first week of classes. After the first week, you must have permission from the instructor, advisor, and the dean to add a course. All registration will be closed 12 days into the semester. Please see the University calendar for exact dates.

An overload request form can be obtained from our college website. After obtaining your advisor, department chair, and dean’s signatures, the form must be submitted to the Registrar’s office.