Enrollment Management

Office of Admission

Transfer Students

You are a transfer student if you: 

  • are a student who earned 12 or more transferable hours of college credit after high school graduation (during fall/spring semester) 
  • are not a former Texas A&M-Kingsville undergraduate student
  • are a U.S. citizen, have applied for permanent residency, or qualify for Texas residency based on Senate Bill 1528

You are an international transfer student if you:

  • are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
  • are not graduating from a Texas high school after three years in residence in Texas (please review  Senate Bill 1528)  
  • have enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and have earned college credit after high school/secondary school graduation (during fall/spring semesters)

See How Your College-Level Credits Transfer

There are two ways to see how your specific college-level course credits transfer to Texas A&M-Kingsville.

Guided Pathway

A pathway is a specific agreement between your community college and Texas A&M-Kingsville outlining the courses that are applicable to your degree. Following the guided pathway for your major ensures that you will transfer with no loss of credit.

Degree Maps and Transfer Equivalencies

If a guided pathway does not yet exist for your intended major, you can follow the Texas A&M-Kingsville degree maps pertaining to the major of your choice and then use transfer equivalencies to see how the courses taken at your community college will transfer.

Guided Pathways Degree Maps

For a full list of common courses for Texas A&M-Kingsville, you may review the list with our Academic Affairs department.

You may find your specific higher education institution in the Texas Common Course Numbering System online search portal.

Admission Requirements

To determine whether Texas A&M-Kingsville can offer you admission, the University will calculate your cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all transferable college-level courses from all colleges or universities attended. Transferable courses are college-level courses obtained from regionally accredited colleges and universities. For repeated courses, grades from all attempted courses will be used in the calculation of the cumulative GPA. The cumulative GPA is calculated for admission purposes only and will not count toward your Texas A&M-Kingsville GPA. 

Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer Admission Requirements
Hours of College-Level Credit Earned Minimum Required Cumulative GPA
0-11 hours Must Meet FTIC Admission Criteria
12 or More 2.0 GPA
Engineering Major Admissions Requirements
Engineering Major
Hours of College-Level Credit Earned Minimum Required Cumulative GPA
12 or More 2.5 GPA
Pre-Engineering Admissions Requirements
Hours of College-Level Credit Earned Required Cumulative GPA
Less than 60 hours 2.0-2.49 GPA

Steps to Apply

A student must be in good standing with their most recent previous college or university to be admitted.

  • Complete and submit an Application for Admission. Students must complete the Apply Texas application. The application is available in paper form or online at  www.goapplytexas.org.
  • Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee for Summer 2022. The fee must accompany the application. Starting July 1, 2021, applications for Fall 2022 will have a $40 application fee, $75 for international applications.
  • If available, please submit official copies of all transcripts from other universities and colleges.
    • Although most colleges and universities are sending official transcripts, if unavailable, please submit unofficial copies of your transcript record up to the most recent semester completed or in progress. You must submit an official transcript from the college or university to continue enrollment. 

How College-Level Credits Transfer

Eligible coursework taken at other institutions of higher education will be transferred into Texas A&M University-Kingsville. Some college credit may be granted as an elective and may not count toward specific degree requirements.  No courses taken at a community college can be transferred as an upper-division (junior or senior) level course.

Courses that are vocational or technical in nature are not automatically accepted by Texas A&M University-Kingsville. These courses must be approved by the appropriate academic departments and resubmitted to the Office of Admission for articulation.

Please  submit a form for credit evaluation of a course from a non-regionally accredited institution or a course originally intended as a non-transfer course from a vocational/technical program.

What if I do not meet the required 2.0 GPA?

Transfer students who do not meet published admission criteria do not qualify for automatic admission to Texas A&M-Kingsville. Transfer students in this category who wish to receive further review must contact the dean of their academic college for consideration. If their academic dean recommends admission, students will be admitted with an academic status of Scholastic Probation and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average during their first semester of enrollment at Texas A&M-Kingsville. Failure to maintain a 2.0 grade point average during the first term of enrollment may result in dismissal from the institution.