CLASSIC UPWARD BOUND (9th - 12th graders)
- Served 102 participants since 2007
- 89% of participants received G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
UPWARD BOUND MATH & SCIENCE (9th & 12th graders)
- Recruited 50 students per fiscal year strong in Math & Science from 7 target schools
- 100% of students advanced to next grade level
- 94% of senior level students transition to post-secondary education in 2010
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER
- Nueces County Educational Opportunity clients have increased by 60% this past year due to increased collaboration with community agencies within the counties.
- The Educational Opportunity Center has increased its assistance of providing college entrance exams for enrollment into post secondary education by approximately 20% to Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Del Mar College, and Coastal Bend College then past year.
EDUCATIONAL TALENT SEARCH (6th-12th graders)
- 98% high school students graduated in June 2010
- 601 pre-college students were served in 2010
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- 69% of participants retained 2009-2010 academic year
- 72% retention and matriculation rate for student's served
- 81% met academic performance levels as set forth by university
- Graduated 20 senior year students
RONALD E. MCNAIR SCHOLARS
- 99 students served since 1995 with 98% graduation from with baccalaureate degree.
- 70% of students into graduate programs
- 12% of students into doctoral programs vs. national rates of 7%
- 100% of students completion of intensive summer research experience
- 22 collegiate G-Force mentors focus on providing services at 10 target schools w/pre-colligiate students
CHILD CARE ACCESS MEANS PARENTS IN SCHOOL
- 40 TAMUK students/parents are served per year
- Three contracted daycares (TAMUK Center for Young Children, Methodist Child Development Center, and Smart Planet)
* All numbers and percentages extracted from data and summary reports submitted to the U.S. Department of Education and continuous student tracking.
This page was last updated on: February 9, 2016