Office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

What information about students is public and what is private?

Certain information on your student record, such as address and telephone number, dates of attendance, and degrees received, is defined as directory information and is released to the public on request. Confidential items, released only with your permission, include class schedule, grades, and grade point average. Complete definitions of public and private student information and regulations covering the release of such information by the University are given by FERPA.

A currently enrolled student may request that directory information not be made public by completing the FERPA Release Form available in the Office of the Registrar. If you request that your directory information be restricted, no information will be released about you and no entry for you will appear in the printed campus directory.

How do I update my address with the University?

You can update your local, permanent, and billing address and telephone number by filling out the Change of Personal Data Form and turning it in by fax, email or coming in person the Registrar's Office. Please give us your full name, your new address, your social security number, phone number, signature and date.

How can I get the phone number or address of a faculty or staff member?

The faculty/staff directory contains telephone numbers and addresses and is available online in the Electronic Directory.

How do I register for classes? How can I add or drop a class?

Register and add/drop during your designated access periods by using the Blue and Gold Connection or by filling out the Add-Drop Registration Form and turning it in by fax, email or coming in person the Registrar's Office.

How can I withdraw from the University?

A student wishing to withdraw will need to contact the Office of the Registrar directly to obtain the Request for Withdrawal Form.  Staff members can assist you in making an informed decision; explain the difference between dropping a course and withdrawing; things to think about before withdrawing; implications academically or financially; institution's withdrawal policy; and steps to proceed with withdrawal process.

How do I get information about a hold on my record?

You can get information on holds by logging on to Blue and Gold Connection or calling the Registrar's office at (361) 593-2811.

How can I get a copy of my class schedule?

You can get a copy of your class schedule by logging on to Blue and Gold Connection, or from your adviser, department, major college, or registrar's office.

When will I get my grades?

Grades are available online at Blue and Gold Connection. Printed grade reports are available. Please submit your request to the Office of the Registrar prior to the end of the semester.

How can I calculate my GPA?

You can calculate your GPA at the following website:

How do I order a transcript?

Official transcripts can be ordered via the web, in person, by mail, or by fax. For ordering a transcript, please login to the Blue and Gold Connection or complete the transcript request form.  Please see our transcript page.

How can I get certification of my enrollment or my degree?

Certification of enrollment and degrees awarded can be obtained by coming by the Registrar's Office (College Hall RM.#150). For more information, see our enrollment verification page.

How can I get a course schedule or catalog?

Course Schedules are published exclusively on the web approximately two weeks before registration. Catalogs of the various degree plans can be obtained via the web at

Can you send me an application for admission?

All questions about admission should be directed to the Office of Admission at (361)593-2315. An online application for admission is available through the Office of Admission.

Where can I find out the dates for the first day of class, spring break, final exams, etc.?

The official University academic calendar is posted on the Web as soon as it is approved. Academic calendars are also printed within each semester class schedule.

What is the cost of a transcript?

There is no cost for a transcript.

Where do I notify the University of a name change?

A student with a name change should fill out Change of Personal Data Form in the Registrar's Office. Be sure to bring one of the following: marriage license or certificate, passport, court order, divorce decree, birth certificate or naturalization papers (Driver's license or social security card is not acceptable).

Where can I get information on courses transferring from other universities?

Please contact the Office of Admission.

When should I apply for graduation?

For exact dates each semester, see Critical Semester Dates. It is always a good idea to check with your adviser at least a semester before hand to obtain your graduation check sheet. This form will give you a list of duties that need to be done and their deadlines.

Where do I apply for graduation?

Students should check with their adviser for the appropriate application forms.

When is graduation?

Texas A&M University-Kingsville has three commencement ceremonies a year: May, August, and December.

How do I apply for re-admission when I have been out of school?

Students should contact the Office of Admission to apply for re-admission at (361)593-2315.