A&M-Kingsville Math Interface March 2 Offers Workshops, Presentations for Secondary Math Teachers
KINGSVILLE - February 21, 2007
email@example.com or 361-593-4143
KINGSVILLE (February 21, 2007) — Secondary math teachers from San Antonio to the Valley, from Victoria to Eagle Pass, will join college math faculty at Texas A&M University-Kingsville on Friday, March 2, for the 34th annual High School-College Math Interface.
According to its coordinator Dr. Dwight Goode, professor of mathematics at A&M-Kingsville, the event began as a way to bring the teachers of South Texas together for a day of learning and sharing.
From 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., teachers can choose from 12 different sessions happening on the third floor of Rhode Hall, with topics that include dealing with best math practices, algebra and number sense, new math software and adapting to the new state requirement of adding a fourth year of high school math.
There also will be a luncheon presentation from 12-1:15 p.m. Sam Zigrossi, program director of the Dana Research Center for Mathematics and Science Education at the University of Texas at Austin, will speak on teaching in the 21st century.
Instructors for the sessions will include A&M-Kingsville math faculty, specialists from the Alliance for the Improvement of Mathematics Skills and teachers from Tuloso-Midway High School and Calallen Independent School District.
Registration for the conference is available online at www.tamuk.edu/math and clicking on the “Interface 2007” link on the left-hand side of the page.
Pre-registration ends on Monday, Feb. 26. For more information, call 361-593-3189.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: May 17, 2010