Shuttle Procedures and Conduct Expectations
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- All eligible passengers must show a valid punch card prior to boarding.
- Drivers will only drop off / pick up passengers at designated bus shuttle stops.
- Wait for the shuttle to come to a full stop and doors opened, before approaching the vehicle.
- Allow time for exiting passengers to step off prior to boarding.
- Only one person per seat is allowed.
- If the driver informs you that no seating remains, please wait for the next shuttle.
- When the shuttle has reached its destination, remain stationary until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.
- When exiting, check for your belongings, the Shuttle Service is not responsible for any items left behind.
- Passengers are expected to comply with the instructions of the driver. Please be courteous to the drivers and other passengers and keep your voice level within a normal speaking range.
Shuttle Conduct Expectations
Passengers are subject to all University rules, the Student Code of Conduct, and applicable state and federal laws. Students will be referred to the Dean of Students for disciplinary action as appropriate. University employees may also be referred to their supervisor for disciplinary action. The following (the list is not all-inclusive) are prohibited on shuttle vehicles:
- Conduct or activity that limits the driver’s ability to operate the vehicle safely or affects the safety of the passengers, including, but not limited to, rowdiness, drunkenness, or disorderly conduct as deemed by the driver is prohibited. Individuals engaged in such behavior may be asked to exit the vehicle. Drivers have the authority to use their discretion and take into consideration their safety, the safety of the passengers, and the safety of the public when making such decisions. University Police Department will be contacted to assist in the removal of passengers when necessary.
- Damaging or defacing any part of the interior or exterior of the vehicle is prohibited. Individuals found responsible will be assessed fees to cover the cost of repairs.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages or smoking on-board is prohibited. Passengers may not carry open containers of alcohol while on- board. However, passengers are permitted to consume non-alcoholic beverages in containers with lids while on-board the vehicle, while taking care to properly dispose of left over trash or food items. Kingsville Connection riders are permitted to consume food items on the shuttle. B&G Express riders are not allowed to consume food on the shuttles.
- Transporting common containers of alcohol (kegs) or controlled substances is prohibited. Passengers of legal drinking age may carry sealed alcoholic beverages in cans and/or bottles.
- Smoking while riding the vehicle is prohibited.
- Playing radios/Walkmans/CD Players, I-Pads, etc. w/o earphones /headphones is not permitted.
- Extending any part of the body or placing any objects through the windows and outside of the vehicle while it is in motion is prohibited. Littering from the vehicle is prohibited at all times.
- The university and/or the shuttle driver reserves the right to refuse service to any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or who has shown a continuous or serious disregard for the shuttle rules. The university also reserves the right to revoke access for the shuttle services as deemed appropriate through the Code of Conduct procedures.
Complaints, recommendations, and general comments regarding the University shuttle service are welcome and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on: October 13, 2011