Honors College students should notify the Honors College as soon as they determine their graduation date.
Honors College Senior Thesis/Project
- Honors College students need to complete an Honors thesis or project per deadlines and guidelines set by the Honors College.
- All Honors College thesis/projects must be approved by the Dean of the Honors College prior to the start of work. Appointments with the Dean should be made at the beginning of the student's senior year.
- Copies of the thesis/project must be turned into the Honors College before commencement day.
May 2013 Commencement
The May 2013 Commencement ceremonies will be held on Friday, May 10, 2013. Students need to be at the Steinke Center for line-up one hour earlier than the start of their ceremony. Earlier that day, the honors medals will be awarded at the Academic Achievement Ceremony.
8:30am - Academic Achievement Ceremony
10:00am - Commencement for College of Ag/NR/HS, College of Business, and the Master's students only from College of Arts & Sciences
1:00pm - Commencement for College of Arts & Sciences - Bachelor degrees only
4:00pm - College of Engineering
7:00pm - College of Education/HP
Academic Achievement Ceremony
The day of Commencement, the Honors College hosts the University’s Academic Achievement Ceremony. This ceremony is open to family and friends. At that ceremony, the University honors those Bachelor degree candidates that have earned Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude and Summa Cum Laude medals. The requirements for earning those medals are:
Cum Laude – 3.40 to 3.59 GPA
Magna Cum Laude – 3.60 to 3.79 GPA
Summa Cum Laude – 3.80+ GPA
Medal eligibility is based on two requirements:
- The Institutional (TAMUK) GPA from the semester prior to commencement.
- Students must have complete at least 45 semester hours of work toward their degrees at Texas A&M University-Kingsville by the end of the semester prior to commencement.
Please note the Provost Office determines medal eligibility and they authorize the granting of the medals.
Also at the Academic Achievement Ceremony, the graduating Honors College students will be recognized, along with those Ph.D. and Master's candidates graduating with a 4.0 institutional GPA (based on the semester prior to commencement).
This page was last updated on: March 12, 2013