David Ramirez, Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000
B.S., Biochemical Engineering, Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico, 1995
Air quality control technology; capture and recovery of organic vapors emitted from industrial sources using carbon based adsorbents; sustainable technology for pollution prevention and green manufacturing; atnasphenic transformation of engineered nanomaterials, manufacture of carbon based adsorbents, nanoparticle adsorption. Please visit Dr. Ramirez's research project to learn more about his research.
- Assistant Professor, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering Dep.), June 2006 - present
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UIUC
- Network Administrator, Air Quality Engineering & Science Research Group, UIUC
- Graduate Researcher, UIUC - Abbot Laboratories
- Sanitary Inspector, Institute of Health of the State of Aguascalientes, Mexico
- High School Teacher, C.E.T.I.S. No. 155, Aguascalientes, Mexico
Sample Publications (complete list)
- Ramirez, D.; Sullivan, P. D.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2004) "Equilibrium Adsorption of Phenol-, Tire- and Coal-Derived Activated Carbons for Organic Vapors." Journal of Environmental Engineering, 130(3), 231-241.
- Dombrowski, K. D.; Lehmann, C. M. B.; Sullivan, P. D.; Ramirez, D.; Rood, M. J.; James, K. J. (2004) "Organic Vapor Recovery and Energy Efficiency during Electric Regeneration of an Activated Carbon Fiber Cloth Adsorber." Journal of Environmental Engineering, 130(3), 268-275.
- Ramirez, D.; Qi S.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2005) "Equilibrium and Heat of Adsorption for Organic Vapors and Activated Carbons." Environmental Science and Technology, 39(15), 5864-5871.
- Ramirez, D.; Vidal, E. X.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J. (2005) "Pilot-Scale Electrothermal-Swing Adsorption System for the Capture and Recovery of Vapor Emissions from a Painting Facility", 98th Annual Meeting of the Air & Waste Management Association, Minneapolis, MN, 1295.
- Luo, L.; Ramirez, D.; Rood, M. J.; Grevillot, G.; Hay, K. J.; Thurston. D. L. (2006) "Adsorption and Electrothermal Desorption of Organic Vapors using Activated Carbon Adsorbents with Novel Morphologies." Carbon, 44, 2715-2723.
- Wang, Y.; Zhu, Y.; Salinas, R.; Karnae, S.; Ramirez, D.; John, K. (2008) "Roadside Measurements of Ultrafine Particles at a Busy Urban Intersection", Journal of Air and Waste Management Association, 58:1449-1457.
- Ramirez, D.; Gangupomu, R. H.; Doherty, J. (2009) "Thermal-Swing Adsorption System for the Removal of Organic Vapors from Waste Gas Streams" 102nd Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Air & Waste Management Association, June 16-19, Detroit, MI, 342.
- Ramirez, D.; Custer, S.; Lamm, H.; John, K. (2009) "TAMUK-STEP: A Model of Student Success and Persistence" poster presentation at the 4th Conference of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, February 13-14, Kingsville, TX.
- Custer, S.; Lamm, H.; Ramirez, D.; John, K. (2009) "Measurement of Success: An Overview of the Impact of Summer Research Opportunities for Community College Students Transitioning into STEM Disciplines" 2009 TETC Best Practices Conference, February 11-12, Austin, TX.
- Ramirez, D.; Sakaray, A.; Gangupomu, R. H.; Perez, J. (2008) "Manufacture and Characterization of Carbonaceous Engineered Adsorbents from Waste Mesquite Plants for Air Pollution Control", 101st Annual Meeting of the Air & Waste Management Association, June 24-27, Portland, OR, 308.
- Gangupomu, R.H.; Ramirez, D. (2007) "Sorption Load Equalization System to Enhance Biofiltration Efficiency", Fifth Annual Pathways Research Symposium, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX.
- Ramirez, D.; Vidal, E. X.; Hemamipour, H.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J.; Thurston, D. (2006) "Scale-Up and Evaluation of a Pilot-Scale Electrothermal-Swing Adsorption System for the Capture and Recovery of Organic Vapors from a Painting Facility", American Institute of Chemical Engineers Spring National Meeting, Orlando, FL, 42835.
- Ramirez, D.; Rood, M. J.; Hay, K. J.; Luo, L.; Grevillot, G. (2006). "Electrothermal-Swing Adsorption with Novel Morphologies of Activated Carbon Adsorbents for the Capture and Recovery of Hazardous Air Pollutants", 99th Annual Meeting of the Air & Waste Management Association, New Orleans, LA, 349.
EVEN 6309: Fundamentals of Air Quality and Pollution Control
EVEN 6319: Chemical Principles of Environmental Engineering Design
EVEN 6329: Environmental Monitoring and Measurements
EVEN 6356.4: Sorption Processes and Environmental Applications
EVEN 6305: Research in Environmental Engineering
EVEN 6102: Graduate Seminar in Environmental Engineering
- Member, Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
- Member, Southwest - Corpus Christi Section- A&WMA
- Member, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- Member, International Adsorption Society (IAS)
The Department of Enviromental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2096
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: February 01, 2011