Skip to main content


Pre - Graduation

1. When do I purchase ceremony regalia?

Bachelors’ and masters’ gowns may be purchased at the Texas A&M University-Kingsville Bookstore during regular store hours. Caps and gowns should be purchased no later than 2 MONTHS prior to graduation in order to guarantee a proper fitting robe.  If you need to purchase or rent a doctoral gown, contact the Bookstore as soon as possible.  These are made specifically for the individual and therefore take extra time.  If you have any questions, please call 593-2601

2. Is there a specific time to purchase caps and gowns?

It is highly recommended to pre-order the cap and gown at least 2 months before commencement, due to availability.

3. Are you able to put cap and gown on layaway?

The only option is to pre-order your cap and gown. You will not be required to pay until you have picked up the gown after being notified that it is ready.

4. What are the prices for the cap and gown?

 1. Bachelors - $46.53 w/tax
 2. Masters - $87.66 w/tax
 3. Doctoral – For Doctoral prices on caps and gowns please visit the university bookstore.

5. Purchasing cap and gowns:

Available to ship to designated address if the student is out of town and unable to come in person ($6.95 standard shipping cost). Available to pay in person at the University Bookstore, or over the phone. (361-593-2601)

6. What if I have an incomplete or need a grade change?

Any student who has an I in a course from a previous semester or term is responsible for completing the course no later than May 13, 2020, and reminding his/her instructor that the final grade must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than 12:00 noon on May 18, 2020.  The removal of an I and any other grade changes must be reported by the student to his/her Dean on or before this date.  

7. What if I am taking a repeated course?

All candidates must file a "Request for Adjustment of Repeated Courses" form to update their GPA and grades.  The Request for Adjustment of Repeated Courses form is available for download on the Office of the Registrar webpage.  This form should be marked "May 15, 2020 Graduation" and submitted to the Javelina Enrollment Services Center no later than May 7, 2020.  Courses being repeated this semester should also be included so that all changes may be made on your academic record in time for the final graduation check-out.  If you have any questions, call 593-2811

8. When is the deadline for my thesis and dissertation?

The deadline for filing final hard copy of thesis and dissertation research papers and final requirements to the Graduate Studies Office is April 23, 2020.

9. Research projects and comprehensive examination for graduate students.

Master’s candidates must arrange with their Research Advisor and/or Graduate Coordinator to complete their research project and comprehensive examinations in time for a report to be submitted to the Graduate Office no later than May 12, 2020.  If you have any questions, call 361- 593-2808.

10. Where will I be able to find out about hotel information in the Kingsville area? 

Visitors Center will help you find information regarding lodging in Kingsville, TX.