The educational objectives of the chemical engineering program are to:
- Our graduates will find successful careers in the chemical process industries, related industries, and governmental agencies.
- Our graduates will be prepared for post-graduate study in chemical engineering or related disciplines.
- Our graduates will be instilled with a sense of responsibility to their profession and to society in general.
Graduates of the Program in Chemical Engineering will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired ends
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- A knowledge and ability to apply engineering economics
This page was last updated on: January 22, 2015