Frequently Asked Questions
If you require immediate police assistance, or wish to report a criminal offense, call the police dispatcher at (361) 593-2611. Dial 911 if you have an emergency.
1. How do I purchase my permit?
Login to JNET using your TAMUK Network Login. For students, this is the same login as SafeConnect, BlackBoard, or in a computer lab. Faculty and Staff can use regular computer credentials. Once logged in, access the Campus Resources tab, click on Parking Spot link in the lower left corner, and follow the prompts to purchase a permit.
2. Who is required to purchase permits?
Anyone who parks on campus including Faculty, Staff, or Students of TAMU Kingsville, HSC Pharmacy School, Academy High School, and Aramark employees. Departments may work with SUB-Events Planning to obtain visitor permits for large conferences or events.
3. Do I pick up my permit or is it mailed to me?
University Police Department DOES NOT MAIL your permit, you must go by the Business Office and pick up your permit.
4. Which parking lots are recommended for resident students?
- Lot "I" West of University Village
- Lot "K" West of Mesquite Grove
- Lot "L" Behind Lewis,Lynch, & Eckhardt Halls
- Lot "J" Behind Bishop-Turner Hall
- Some Street Parking on Seale Street
5. How can I get to my dorm safely when parked on west side of campus?
Even though TAMUk is a safe campus it is still prudent to use caution.
- There is always safety in numbers, walk with a friend.
- Call University Police Department for an escort @ 593-2611 or x-2611.
This page was last updated on: July 31, 2012