Department of Industrial Management and Technology
Dr. Bruce Marsh
Chair of the Industrial Management and Technology Department
First and foremost, as the Chair of the Industrial Management and Technology Department, I would like to welcome you to our Industrial Management and Technology Department's Home Page at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. I know it can be difficult deciding on what to major in and where to go to college. A college degree is quite an investment in time and resources, and you want to make sure you have selected the right college for your future career path. Read more
The Industrial Management and Technology Department at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is striving to be one of the premier programs in the state with a reputation for academic excellence and career preparation.
The Industrial Management and Technology Department at TAMUK is committed to providing its graduates with an academically challenging experience that furthers their knowledge and skills to enable them to become critical thinkers for pursuing graduate degrees and public and private sector careers by:
- Producing graduates who are prepared to meet the needs and challenges of technology-related careers in industry, education, business, and government.
- Offering high quality instruction that is accessible to a diverse student population.
- Providing a professional environment that fosters collegiality and collaboration among faculty and students. Validating the program to students, faculty, and area industries by maintaining undergraduate program accreditation with ATMAE.
To meet the aims of the program mission statement, the department has incorporated goals that are designed to insure industrial technology graduates are provided with:
- The basic math, science, and business knowledge needed for effective use of the fundamental technical, process, and management skills related to the degree field.
- The ability to use software and hardware to solve technological problems, along with communication skills in written, electronic, and verbal presentation formats.
- The ability to function and collaborate as professional and ethically responsible team members and individuals.
Careers in Industrial Tech, Technical CAD, Metalworking Processes,Industrial Electronics, Industrial Materials, OSHA for General Industry,Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Plastics, Fluid Power, Manufacturing Facilities, Energy and Power Technology, CAD/CAM Section 1 & Section 2, Architectural CAD, Cost Estimating, Industrial Controls, Construction Technology Section 1 & Section 2, Manufacturing Productivity, Industrial Internship, Advanced Graphics, Computer Applications, Database Applications, Hazardous Waste and Fire Safety, Industrial Employment Seminar, Quality Assurance, Construction Management
Industrial Management, Industrial Operations Research Methods, Graduate Research Project, Industrial Scheduling, Six Sigma Quality and Continuous Improvement, Industrial Safety & Risk Management , Constraint Management and Mistake Proofing , Automation and Cellular Manufacturing, Lean Production
This page was last updated on: April 10, 2012