Finance graduates have many career choices
As a finance student you will learn to...
- Prepare financial reports, direct investment activities, and implement cash management strategies
- Evaluate long-term investments and their financing
- Become proficient in financial reporting software
- Excel in communicating financial information clearly and concisely to internal and external clients
- Understand the importance of ethics in the financial profession
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Lead in the management of people
Finance graduates have many career choices. Typical positions held by finance graduates include: corporate financial officer, banker, stockbroker, financial analyst, portfolio manager, and personal financial planner.
Finance is the field of study that focuses on managing the finances of firms, financial institutions, and individuals.
Finance Major & Minor:
Accounting Elective Courses: (6 credits)
ACCT 3308 Income Tax Accounting 3 cr
ACCT 3311 Intermediate Accounting I 3 cr
ACCT 3312 Intermediate Accounting II 3 cr
ACCT 3314 Cost/Managerial Accounting 3 cr
ACCT 3338 Financial Statement Analysis 3 cr
ACCT 4314 Advanced Financial Accounting 3 cr
Finance Elective Courses: (12 credits)
FINC 2331 Personal Finance 3 cr
FINC 3345 Real Estate Finance 3 cr
FINC 4332 Portfolio Management 3 cr
FINC 4336 Intermediate Financial Management 3 cr
FINC 4360 Options and Futures 3 cr
FINC 4362 Planning and Capital Budgeting 3 cr
FINC 4364 Business Forecasting 3 cr
FINC 4366 Entrepreneurial Finance 3 cr
A minor in finance consists of 18 credit hours. Only students majoring in business can minor in finance.
Dr. Martha Sale
Chair, Accounting & Finance Department
This page was last updated on: September 24, 2015