Veterans Affairs Office

Veterans Affairs Banner

Mission Statement

Our goal at Texas A&M University Kingsville’s Veterans Affairs Office, is to provide military veterans, service members, and their family members with excellent customer service and dependability. We aim to maximize the educational opportunities available to our students and to provide the veteran with a rewarding transition from their college career into their professional career.

Continuing Javelinas

If using GI Bill or other Federal benefits:

**Note: You will have the opportunity to upload Award Letter, Certificate of Eligibility, and Notice of Basic Eligibility on the ORFC feature. It is the recipient's responsibility to track how much time is being used or is remaining. Receipt of benefits are mailed out regularly and we encourage everyone to update this form.**

If using Hazlewood or Hazlewood Legacy


First Time Javelinas

Apply to our university at

If planning to use GI Bill or other Federal benefits:

  • Visit and apply for the benefit you are requesting to receive.

These benefits include Ch33 Post 9/11, Ch30 Montgomery GI Bill, Ch35 Dependents Educational Assistance Program, and Ch1606 Select Reserves Montgomery GI Bill.

For Ch31 Vocational Rehabilitation benefit, visit Once submitted, the Department of Veterans Affairs will send you a Certificate of eligibility via mail and may take up to 30 days to receive after completing application.

For VocRehab students, your counselor will supply you with a VA form 1905.

For Active Reservist, you must obtain a Notice of Basic Eligibility for your command.

**Note: You will have the opportunity to upload you Award Letter, Certificate of Eligibility, and Notice of Basic Eligibility on the  ORFC feature.**

If planning on using Hazlewood Act/ Hazlewood Legacy benefit:

  • Veterans and/or Dependents must register with TVC Hazlewood Hour Registration Database.

  • Read and fill out the Texas Hazlewood Act Exemption Application

  • Legacy Users** Submit proof of dependency on Online Request of Certification Form. Acceptable forms of proof of dependency as listed by the Texas Veterans Commission are birth certificate, adoption certificate, veteran’s recent federal income tax return listing the dependents, or a combination of the previous with a marriage certificate between the veteran and child’s birth or adoptive parent.

  • If using Hazlewood age exemption or self-hours, please have the veteran's VA disability rating sheet ready for submission.

  • Submit the Online Request for Certification - Incoming (ORFC)