Javelina READ Program
Javelina Read is a program for incoming freshmen, but is also promoted throughout the campus, curriculum, and community. Each year a new book is selected by the Javelina Common Read Committee, which is comprised of faculty, staff, students, and community members. Once selected, the book is widely distributed throughout the campus and community for community building.
1. Community Builder between Faculty/Staff/Administrators, Community of Kingsville and Students.
2. Promote culture of reading which will help students with success in their classes and will have long term
benefits for the student.
3. Engage students in their classes and help them to identify with other students.
4. Promote diversity, depending on book and author selection.
5. Help with Transition for First Year Students.
> Coffeehouse Chats – Advertise Topics
> Professor Chats – Voluntary
> Community Presentations
> Book Club Meeting – Bonus Points
> Discussion Questions
This page was last updated on: April 17, 2013